Michael Puttman's Small-Dollar Loan Forums
Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - Printable Version

+- Michael Puttman's Small-Dollar Loan Forums (http://michaelputtman.com)
+-- Forum: Small-Dollar Loans (http://michaelputtman.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Credit Cards (http://michaelputtman.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations (/showthread.php?tid=135)

Pages: 1 2

Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - Martinsx - 01-31-2018

This is coming out as a piece of advice to all debit card users who frequent the ATM to make withdrawal every now and then. There has been an increased incidents where people who goes to ATM centers that awfully lonely with people hardly waking by are getting robbed at gun point, and are forced to make withdrawal on behalf of the gun men.

This morning I woke up to the news of what happened last night along one ATM stand in my neighborhood and it was so horrible the victim lost to these street thugs. Once it's a little dark and lonely, please keep your debit card in your purse or wallet and head straight home for security reasons and safety of your cash.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - Henrywrites - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 04:49 AM)Martinsx Wrote: This is coming out as a piece of advice to all debit card users who frequent the ATM to make withdrawal every now and then. There has been an increased incidents where people who goes to ATM centers that awfully lonely with people hardly waking by are getting robbed at gun point, and are forced to make withdrawal on behalf of the gun men.

This morning I woke up to the news of what happened last night along one ATM stand in my neighborhood and it was so horrible the victim lost to these street thugs. Once it's a little dark and lonely, please keep your debit card in your purse or wallet and head straight home for security reasons and safety of your cash.

I'm grateful for this piece of information for it is going to act as a check to someone like me that go to the ATM at late hours of the day and feel like none of such things will happen. The thing that I've come to believe is that as long as we are withdrawing on day time when people are passing, there is a high level of security than when doing so at night. It is truly a wakeup call to everyone to be careful especially when planning to withdraw huge amounts of money. 

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - kaisantos2229 - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 04:49 AM)Martinsx Wrote: This is coming out as a piece of advice to all debit card users who frequent the ATM to make withdrawal every now and then. There has been an increased incidents where people who goes to ATM centers that awfully lonely with people hardly waking by are getting robbed at gun point, and are forced to make withdrawal on behalf of the gun men.

That's awful, I hope people would stop doing such cruel things to others. Since this criminals wait for their victims at dark and lonely places where ATM machine is located, then I think people should avoid going to places where most of the danger happens. And I also think you should always have to bring extra cash on your wallet so that if ever you are short in money, you can avoid going out late outside to withdraw on the ATM machine.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - mharzenas - 01-31-2018

There are so many people who has no soul doing this. They didn't care even if their victims work very hard just to earn that money. I wish those people who do this should lighten up their minds and try to do something legal work.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - TheInsaneSakif - 01-31-2018

These types of incidences are not new as they do happen quite often, even in my country Bangladesh. Actually, it can be safe to say that no country is free from credit/debit card fraudsters. You have to be alert at all times, and it is better to use your credit card rather than your debit card

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - Martinsx - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 05:29 AM)Henrywrites Wrote:

I'm grateful for this piece of information for it is going to act as a check to someone like me that go to the ATM at late hours of the day and feel like none of such things will happen. The thing that I've come to believe is that as long as we are withdrawing on day time when people are passing, there is a high level of security than when doing so at night. It is truly a wakeup call to everyone to be careful especially when planning to withdraw huge amounts of money. 

You are welcome @Henrywrites there is no much need to thank me too much for the information, I believe it's for all our good benefits to look for our fellow members in any way possible we can. All my concern is for people to be careful with how they expose themselves to impending danger cooking up to explode because those evil fellow would never stop their wicked acts. It's a known saying that a leopard can never change its skin spots.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - aecel - 02-01-2018

It happens a lot here in our country they're going to rob someone who withdrew money from ATM. They would normally wait for the person to withdraw some cash and after that, they're going to follow that person and if the person is already alone and away from crowded people that's the time they're going to declare holdup or rob the money.

For those who are withdrawing from ATM, I suggest that after you withdrew your money take a little walk in crowded places look around if someone following you don't allow yourself to walk alone and if you feel that you're already safe you can now go to the places where you want to go.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - kgord - 02-01-2018

I think the vast majority of people who commit these crimes are drug users looking for money for their next fix. That doesn't excuse preying on other peopel though either. I personally rarely use ATM's. I just get money with a grocery store transaction so I don't have to worry about accessing these ATM's in a bad location.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - Martinsx - 02-02-2018

(01-31-2018, 06:10 AM)kaisantos2229 Wrote:

That's awful, I hope people would stop doing such cruel things to others. Since this criminals wait for their victims at dark and lonely places where ATM machine is located, then I think people should avoid going to places where most of the danger happens. And I also think you should always have to bring extra cash on your wallet so that if ever you are short in money, you can avoid going out late outside to withdraw on the ATM machine.

Criminals are always going to be criminals and it's how one disposes himself or herself to falling prey for them is what kills us. It's late and dark, or too early and lonely in the early morning, so it's of utmost importance to avoid getting the feeling to make a quick withdrawal because you can never be sure where they are hiding in wait for you to get near the ATM. There was a time such crime MO (modus operandi) increased much here and a serious media campaign was carried out to sensitize people from falling victim to these hooligans.

RE: Avoid making use of debit card at lonely ATM stations - mharzenas - 02-02-2018

I think this is also a task for the bank to resolve this crime. Why did a bank will not invest for a single light and a guard near the ATMachines? These responsibilities are to the banks so I wish they are doing action for this problem