Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wondering!
(01-18-2018, 08:13 PM)JB Fernandez Wrote: Why is it appliance center always use the 0% installment terms to attract customers?
But if you tried to examine well, The price of the item is much higher when you avail it in installment terms compared to buying it in cash basis. Have anyone notice it also?

Yeah! We also notice it, as far as I know they do that to attract the customer and to make it look like that you can save some money but the bottom line is they charge you for the interest. However, there's also have some item/s or appliances that is really "zero" interest, all you need to do is to compute the price per month you need to pay versus the price if you buy it with one give.
(01-20-2018, 05:43 PM)Henrywrites Wrote: I don't think we have to blame them for any reason. The fact is that this is business and the added price to the cost of those products is the profit they make from doing such bus5iness. So, we really need to understand that and not think that they want to exploit the public. All we have got to do is have the belief that we can pay it off at the end and have that product to ourselves.
Yes you are right, we cannot blame them. But somehow I'm just disappointed because it's like a false marketing. Declaring a 0% interest promo but in reality it's not.

(01-21-2018, 08:29 PM)kimberleemolon Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 08:13 PM)JB Fernandez Wrote: Why is it appliance center always use the 0% installment terms to attract customers?
But if you tried to examine well, The price of the item is much higher when you avail it in installment terms compared to buying it in cash basis. Have anyone notice it also?

Yeah! We also notice it, as far as I know they do that to attract the customer and to make it look like that you can save some money but the bottom line is they charge you for the interest. However, there's also have some item/s or appliances that is really "zero" interest, all you need to do is to compute the price per month you need to pay versus the price if you buy it with one give.

I guess this is how businessmen market their products nowadays. I have nothing against them, I just don't like the idea of deceiving the customers just to sell their products.
(01-19-2018, 08:15 AM)kaisantos2229 Wrote: To be honest i've never tried both Gcash and Paymaya but from what i have heard from my friends who have tried using Gcash and Paymaya they all unanimously in favor of using Gcash. And when I ask them why they choose Gcash, the answer was it's hustle free, easy transact and low interest rate. So in short I may advise you to use Gcash in my point of view their company is more stable here in the Philippines than Paymaya which is I think new.

Your reply is somehow out of the topic. Smile

There are usually two prices for an item in an appliance center or gadgets store. One price goes for both cash and straight card purchase and the other price is for installment terms which is normally higher than the cash/straight card purchase. This is just regular installment with add on interest, not 0% installment.

In general, appliance centers offer 0% installment in cooperation with specific credit card companies. It isn't just about the store trying to sell its inventory. It's also about the credit card companies trying to attract its cardholders to buy in order to make money out of the purchase. When you say 0% installment, its price should be the same as the cash or straight card purchase. Otherwise, the store can be charged by consumers and regulatory agencies of unfair trade practices or outright scam. Hence, when you say that the price changes when a buyer avails of installment, that is just a regular installment, not 0%. Some 0% installment offers are available only through some credit cards. In some cases, it is only applicable to specific types of appliances.

Prices can vary from store to store because each store has its own pricing strategy. It always pays to do some comparison shopping before buying appliances and gadgets.
Yeah this method is sick, lot of my friends already tried this, my friends told me that this method is good sometimes but for me its really sick it so foolish, sorry for the words but sad to say that there are some people that is so greedy.

Don't try this method it so unfair yeah in a first place its like 0% installment but if you examine it, its so unfair.
(01-19-2018, 05:42 AM)jaymish Wrote: Is this some kind of hidden hire purchase?Hire purchase is always expensive because remember that the company still has to make a profit. They still have to compensate themselves for the risk, they are taking on you.

Yeah its true, it's all about business it's kinda sick but as you've said they want profit or in short its business. So it still your choice you go for it or not.
(01-25-2018, 11:15 PM)Uyj143 Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 05:42 AM)jaymish Wrote: Is this some kind of hidden hire purchase?Hire purchase is always expensive because remember that the company still has to make a profit. They still have to compensate themselves for the risk, they are taking on you. 

Yeah its true, it's all about business it's kinda sick but as you've said they want profit or in short its business. So it still your choice you go for it or not.

As long as we agree that they are in business to make profit, we shouldn't use such words such as sick on them. It's a choice like you pointed out and one we need to really think about before making any decision on. 
It is not always like that. Many offers zero interest without hidden somethings. It is good that you do notice something like that so you won't be attracted or scammed that easily. Try to do it again in others and i am sure you will find the real zero interest rates, and hopefully you also find offers with freebies included too, like i always do or i always look for. Smile
When an appliance center announces a 0% interest for installment items, the company is just making a marketing strategy in terms of promotion so that many will be attracted to avail. The company may add lower mark up per item but may give bulk/volume of orders which in return, realize more profit. Most companies do this type of strategy -
push promotion, to gain a bigger market niche.
This is a common marketing tactic. Though it does seem a bit nasty, it’s perfectly legal. I’m happy, though, that people like us are able to make others aware of these traps by spreading information, so that possibly consumers won’t be so negligent Smile