Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Have you experienced pawning your gadgets?
It's interesting to read how one can get cheaper products from the pawn shop and reading that your mom got a Samsung gadget from the shop for a lower price is great news to me. One thing that I have to say is that one really have to understand how these things work to avoid losing at the end. I've not used any of my gadget at the pawn shop and don't feel ready to do so.
In my country Philippines lots of people pawned their gadgets at any pawnshop or friends, in a small amount because theirs a lot of many cases in many country, that there are many thieves they are stealing some gadgets and pawned it or swap it into illegal drugs.

They steal and pawned it for a small price or they steal some gadgets to buy some illegal drugs.
I haven't experienced pawning my gadgets yet. But it is great if you can buy gadgets which are really of high quality in pawn shops. You are lucky if you are able to find gadgets that have no or less dents and damages.
I actually did once. I badly needed money that time and I don't see any option that time so I pawn my gadget. The appraised value was very low but it's a good thing though because that means you only need minimal amount to redeem your item. Pawning your gadgets or items is an option for quick cash whenever you need it.
(01-25-2018, 09:56 PM)Uyj143 Wrote: In my country Philippines lots of people pawned their gadgets at any pawnshop or friends, in a small amount because theirs a lot of many cases in many country, that there are many thieves they are stealing some gadgets and pawned it or swap it into illegal drugs.

They steal and pawned it for a small price or they steal some gadgets to buy some illegal drugs.

Not all pawn shops accept stolen items. They're some pawn shops have strict rules, borrowers must present the original receipts of gadgets so they would know that they're the owner of the items in that way it would avoid using them as the third party for stolen gadgets. Pawn shops are very careful accepting gadgets because if the authority proves that it was stolen the original owner can claim back the gadgets without paying any pennies in pawn shops.
Yes I pawned some of my gadgets if don't have any money or I have an emergency I'm to desperate if I really need money.

Pawned your gadgets is not bad if you use the money in good purpose.
(01-27-2018, 04:41 PM)aecel Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 09:56 PM)Uyj143 Wrote: In my country Philippines lots of people pawned their gadgets at any pawnshop or friends, in a small amount because theirs a lot of many cases in many country, that there are many thieves they are stealing some gadgets and pawned it or swap it into illegal drugs.

Not all pawn shops accept stolen items. They're some pawn shops have strict rules, borrowers must present the original receipts of gadgets so they would know that they're the owner of the items in that way it would avoid using them as the third party for stolen gadgets. Pawn shops are very careful accepting gadgets because if the authority proves that it was stolen the original owner can claim back the gadgets without paying any pennies in pawn shops.

I am also from the Philippines and almost all of the time, snatchers will pawn their stolen things to the pawn shop but that is all in the past. Now if you are caught buying stolen things you will go to prison. And if when a pawn shop is caught buying stolen things, the pawn shop will pay a heavy price depending on how long you've been stolen things and how many stolen thing have you bought resulting for the pawn shop closure.