Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are credit card reward points worth it?
I'm sure you've already heard about credit cards that issue reward points. And those reward points can then be exchanged for cash, gift cards or travel miles. But are those reward points really worth it in the long run? I mean you even need to spend a great deal of money before availing for reward points. And this can, in turn, lead you into the pit of debt. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this!
If you do not pay off your card in full each month, the rewards are not worth having a credit card. So you must pay your debt first before you earn a reward and to be worth it, but i guarantee to you that is worth it to have a reward point in credit card because in this process you can have a febbie items or money.
When we say freebies or rewards it's really sound appealing because you're kind of thinking you get it for free but the truth is not you still need to spend some amount of money to get the rewards. It's only worth it if you use your credit card properly like buying only those things that you needed something essential or for emergencies but if you only force yourself buying things because you need to reach the rewards you might be ended up getting high debt then it's not worthy at all.
(01-24-2018, 08:20 AM)aecel Wrote: When we say freebies or rewards it's really sound appealing because you're kind of thinking you get it for free but the truth is not you still need to spend some amount of money to get the rewards. It's only worth it if you use your credit card properly like buying only those things that you needed something essential or for emergencies but if you only force yourself buying things because you need to reach the rewards you might be ended up getting high debt then it's not worthy at all.

Absolutely right, using it on a important things that you actually needed makes the reward points more acceptable, like you'd be probably happy about spending money to get the reward points and you wouldn't actually think about the debts. Some rewards are actually appealing, because it's the way they get you or want you to spend money, so all in all it's a win-win for both parties.
(01-24-2018, 07:56 AM)gamingadict Wrote: If you do not pay off your card in full each month, the rewards are not worth having a credit card. So you must pay your debt first before you earn a reward and to be worth it, but i guarantee to you that is worth it to have a reward point in credit card because in this process you can have a febbie items or money.

Unfortunately, I did not realize this for too long. I feel like such a fool, but I believe that it is a fairly common misconception. If you are paying off your balance, the reward points are worth it. If you are paying interest on your balance, your reward points are basically canceled out (and then some).
Credit card rewards point. it seems a good benefit but if you notice, you need to spend volume of amount of money to accumulate rewards point. Its not worth it especially when your not often in spending in a particular store. Most of the time you never use your accumulative earned points and get expired. Now a days, the trending rewards point that everyone is offering is what we call ''Cashback''. This type of reward's program is good and beneficial for consumer wherein they can literally get cashback or money back every time they made a purchase. A very powerful tool to attract shoppers to shop.
(01-24-2018, 06:09 AM)TheInsaneSakif Wrote: I'm sure you've already heard about credit cards that issue reward points. And those reward points can then be exchanged for cash, gift cards or travel miles. But are those reward points really worth it in the long run? I mean you even need to spend a great deal of money before availing for reward points. And this can, in turn, lead you into the pit of debt. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this!

In much as you have a point by saying that for one to be able to qualify to earn these reward points from the credit card companies, such person must have spent so much in the process. The thing is that credit cards are meant to be used with care and such rewards points can be easily reached by those that shop for their businesses that they own and those shopping for big events. So, those ones can really not bother about spending big. 
If you are a credit card owner maybe it's worthy but you must also consider that collecting reward points generally mean you have to spend more money by using your credit card more often. And I don't think that's a good idea even if you are a middle wage earner.
(01-25-2018, 10:31 AM)kaisantos2229 Wrote: If you are a credit card owner maybe it's worthy but you must also consider that collecting reward points generally mean you have to spend more money by using your credit card more often. And I don't think that's a good idea even if you are a middle wage earner.

it is worth it if you are a regular user of a credit card. You can earn points by using them and can convert into a service you want to. For example I read here also one experience by our forum family that he claim a travel package using only his credit card points. So it is very worthy to use.
I already heard about this, it is worth it if you always credit card you can ear points by using a credit card and convert your points, if you have lot of points you it is very worth it to have points.

This method helps me a lot I can earn point by using credit card at list I can earned points than nothing.