Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you interested to buy valuable things in a pawn shop?
Yes I am. Pawnshops offer interesting items. I did several purchase to pwnshops and the items are great. I bought laptop and jewelries at a lower price but the items are almost brand new.
(01-25-2018, 08:30 PM)JB Fernandez Wrote: Yes. I'm into a buy and sell business, and I'm always considering items from the pawnshop to be profitable in my business. All I need to do is find the right buyer for a certain item.

Yes, I've heard that buy and sell is a good business and they always shop in pawn shops to find valuable things that they can sell to their clients. How much is your markup? How sure are you that the items have no defects and not stolen?
(01-26-2018, 03:21 AM)lisadolor Wrote: I am not really interested in buying stuffs in pawn shops. Well, of course I can if something really catched my eyes then I would love to buy it. I know that it will be sold for a cheaper price so why not if its quality is still very good.

Yeah the good thing is its cheaper than other shops but it's still a secondhand but it's still branded and not fake.

Lot of people being cursed by buying secondhand jewelries or it cause bad luck so becareful buying secondhands.bad
(01-25-2018, 10:05 PM)Uyj143 Wrote: Hmmm, yeah, it's kinda worth it to buy first of all its affordable and it's branded or not fake, but the other thing is its not brand new, will for me it's okay price is must.

Yeah it's not brand new but it's still branded and not fake and first of all its affordable and no one knows if its secondhand or its a brand-new, yeah its worth it.

(01-25-2018, 10:22 AM)kaisantos2229 Wrote: To be honest, there is a lot of interesting items you can find at the pawn shop that you could not find in any other stores. So for me, if you are looking for something different items to buy then visiting a pawn shop is a must.

Yeah its true, I go to pawnshop every week to buy some jewelries yeah its not brand new but its still branded and its not fake and its affordable than any store.

Secondhand but its worth it to buy.

Yes, there's this one time I visited a well known pawnshop looking for something interesting to buy. While I was roaming around the store, my eyes suddenly had a glance of this particular ring. The moment I saw the ring, I am very sure that it's a authentic Van Cleef Arpels. So I ask the clerk if I can hold it to see if it's really the real thing and sad to say it's a very well made copy but i still bought it though.
For me I pawned some of my gadgets not only gadgets
For me the best 7 objects to pawn is.

1. Scrap Jewelry
Jewelry, especially gold and silver, intrinsically holds value — so long as the market dictates, and people like shiny things. And pawnshops are always on the lookout for a potential payday on your precious-metal rings, bracelets, and necklaces.

"This is most true with scrap jewelry," says Kurt Heckman, president of vCalc, an online calculator for determining the real value of jewelry. "Whether it's an old necklace from a past boyfriend or girlfriend, or something you've inherited from an aunt, even the ugliest scrap jewelry can have significant value."

I can personally vouch for scrap metal bringing in a decent dollar amount. When my grandmother died, she left me one of her wedding rings. Considering that I'm married to a dude and not interested in having children, I didn't really have much use for the ring — and I don't believe in having something just to have it. Thus, I sold the gold and kept the diamonds so that I can have them reset into another reminder of my grandmother that I can actually wear and cherish.

2. High-End Electronics
Higher-end electronics, including relatively large LED and LCD TVs, new gaming systems, digital cameras, tablets, laptops, and more, are promising pawn items. The value of these items at the pawn shop is similar to what they're going for on sites like eBay. Just make sure your item is complete and in excellent condition to get the most value from it. Missing cords, controllers, and even packaging material — particularly for Apple products — can reduce the value considerably. Also, make sure that the devices are fully charged before going to the store so the attendant can test the items quickly and efficiently.

3. Gas- and Battery-Powered Tools
Believe it or not, there's a huge secondhand market for power tools, both gas and battery powered. Like your high-end electronics, you'll want to make sure that all of the components (cords, accessories, etc.) are with the item for maximum value, plus charge them or fill them with gas before bringing them to the shop so you can demonstrate that they work. As these items have a propensity to get dirty, taking a soapy garage rag to them to before showing them off isn't a bad idea either.
(01-27-2018, 10:43 PM)Uyj143 Wrote: For me I pawned some of my gadgets not only gadgets
For me the best 7 objects to pawn is.

1. Scrap Jewelry
Jewelry, especially gold and silver, intrinsically holds value — so long as the market dictates, and people like shiny things. And pawnshops are always on the lookout for a potential payday on your precious-metal rings, bracelets, and necklaces.

"This is most true with scrap jewelry," says Kurt Heckman, president of vCalc, an online calculator for determining the real value of jewelry. "Whether it's an old necklace from a past boyfriend or girlfriend, or something you've inherited from an aunt, even the ugliest scrap jewelry can have significant value."

I can personally vouch for scrap metal bringing in a decent dollar amount. When my grandmother died, she left me one of her wedding rings. Considering that I'm married to a dude and not interested in having children, I didn't really have much use for the ring — and I don't believe in having something just to have it. Thus, I sold the gold and kept the diamonds so that I can have them reset into another reminder of my grandmother that I can actually wear and cherish.

2. High-End Electronics
Higher-end electronics, including relatively large LED and LCD TVs, new gaming systems, digital cameras, tablets, laptops, and more, are promising pawn items. The value of these items at the pawn shop is similar to what they're going for on sites like eBay. Just make sure your item is complete and in excellent condition to get the most value from it. Missing cords, controllers, and even packaging material — particularly for Apple products — can reduce the value considerably. Also, make sure that the devices are fully charged before going to the store so the attendant can test the items quickly and efficiently.

3. Gas- and Battery-Powered Tools
Believe it or not, there's a huge secondhand market for power tools, both gas and battery powered. Like your high-end electronics, you'll want to make sure that all of the components (cords, accessories, etc.) are with the item for maximum value, plus charge them or fill them with gas before bringing them to the shop so you can demonstrate that they work. As these items have a propensity to get dirty, taking a soapy garage rag to them to before showing them off isn't a bad idea either.

In my country it depends on the pawn shop. Not all pawn shop in my country accept things like powered tool and high end electronics, most of the time they will only accept gold jewelry or platinum made jewelry.
I do always visit pawnshops for any stuff that interests me. You can always find something in there that you can use or someone you know that wanted or needed certain things in there. In fact, you can find good deals regularly in there whether for your personal or you want to give, sell, or mention to somebody.
(01-25-2018, 09:27 AM)aecel Wrote: There some borrowers that don't bother to redeem back their items in a pawn shop. Maybe they don't have money to pay their loan or they just want to dispose of the items. The pawn shop has the right to sell the items if ever the borrowers failed to redeem the items in due date.

Some items in Pawnshop offers a lower price because it's second hand already. Are you interested to buy valuable things in a pawn shop even if it's not brand new?

Well, most of the items sold in pawn shops are either jewelry or electronic gadgets. I am not fond of jewelry to start with, so I wouldn't care for fancy rings or bracelets. As far as computers and smartphones, I prefer buying them brand new. A pawn shop will not offer warranty on a second-hand item, so if you buy a laptop for example and it breaks down in two weeks, you will have wasted your money for nothing.
To be honest, I can gladly buy any item that I need and found at the pawn shop. The thing many don't understand is that items at the pawn shop are always good and tested by the pawn shop before giving out money to those borrowers that used it as collateral. So, there is no need thinking of whether it works or not and lets know we get receipts of purchase so fear of buying a theft item is out.
I would be interested in buying something from a pawn shop but only of course if it catched my eyes. I don't have an issue with pawn shops, if anything hopefully I'd be getting it at a cheaper price. Just really depends on what I'm buying for me but not really to resell or trying to make a small business.