Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the most common pawned items?
Most of the people pawn their gold necklaces and jewelries in pawn shops. What other items or valuable things can be pawned?
Aside from jewelries, you can also pawn gadgets, vehicle, and property.
The most common pawned items are jewelry especially those who have karats. But now I've seen lots of gadgets in pawn shop especially smartphones. Every person has smartphones it's like a necessity nowadays so pawn shops are taking advantage of these demands that's why they have accepted pawning gadgets they can also easily dispose of gadgets because people are always looking for gadgets.
Aside from jewelries, gadgets are the most common thing that people always pawn. Because of the high demand of gadgets specially mobile phones, pawn shop now a days has also acquired the interest of accepting gadgets for pawning. There is a huge market for second hand gadget and people often visit pawn shops to fine good condition second hand gadgets.
Most of the items I see exchanged for cash at pawn shops are jewellery and gold watches. But this now also includes some gold coated gadgets nowadays. These are some of the most sought-after at pawn shops as they always have the value for your money.
The most common pawn items that I know are power tools, Guns and iPhone.

There is a big demand for power tools because almost everybody needs it. You can get an old one from your garage, clean it up and get yourself some cash.

Guns are so popular these days. It is also a commodity that has a stable retail value, so pawn shops do accept it.

You know how common smartphones are and if you get the best product, no pawn shop will reject it even if they have thousands of it. iPhone and Samsung Galaxy are the best product I know.
I have my top three's

1. Jewellery: As expected, jewellery tops our list. We buy and sell a large amount of gold and jewellery. People bring in jewellery for several reasons:

it is one of the most valuable items they own;
it was given to them by someone they no longer have a relationship with;
they have too much and won’t miss it!
We love to see jewellery come in because it gives our buying customers more selection, and we get the chance to sell some really cool pieces at a fantastic price!

2. Power Tools: We know this sounds kind of weird to some people, but barely used power tools can bring you some quick cash and be resold at a great price. If you’re ever in the market for a power tool you may want to give us a call before you head out to the big home stores as we have quite the selection of power tools! Drills, saws, planers, sanders, rotary tools… you name it, we may have it.

3. Guitars & Musical Equipment: If you’re just starting out as a musician or you’re looking for something unique, we have a fantastic selection of musical instruments. People come through here with classic guitars, barely played drum kits and gently used amps. On a good day we carry Fender, Ibanez, Gibson and more. We guarantee the quality of these – we ahve some high quality pieces.
(01-28-2018, 04:55 AM)OlaSidiq Wrote: The most common pawn items that I know are power tools, Guns and iPhone.

There is a big demand for power tools because almost everybody needs it. You can get an old one from your garage, clean it up and get yourself some cash.

Guns are so popular these days. It is also a commodity that has a stable retail value, so pawn shops do accept it.

You know how common smartphones are and if you get the best product, no pawn shop will reject it even if they have thousands of it. iPhone and Samsung Galaxy are the best product I know.

Guns? What country are you from?

Isn't pawning a weapon illegal? It is in my country. If I had the right to own a gun and pawned it in a pawnshop, how would the pawn shop sell my gun to a regular citizen who doesn't have a permit to own/use a weapon?
I think all of the things previously mentioned are commonly pawned items. In addition, people often will pawn things like sporting goods, coins, TV's and other electronics. It is an easy way to get cash if you no longer want or need the item. I am all for pawning under these circumstances.
(01-28-2018, 07:17 AM)Uyj143 Wrote: I have my top three's

1. Jewellery: As expected, jewellery tops our list. We buy and sell a large amount of gold and jewellery.  People bring in jewellery for several reasons:

it is one of the most valuable items they own;
it was given to them by someone they no longer have a relationship with;
they have too  much and won’t miss it!
We love to see jewellery come in because it gives our buying customers more selection, and we get the chance to sell some really cool pieces at a fantastic price!

2. Power Tools: We know this sounds kind of weird to some people, but barely used power tools can bring you some quick cash and be resold at a great price. If you’re ever in the market for a power tool you may want to give us a call before you head out to the big home stores as we have quite the selection of power tools! Drills, saws, planers, sanders, rotary tools… you name it, we may have it.

3. Guitars & Musical Equipment:  If you’re just starting out as a musician or you’re looking for something unique, we have a fantastic selection of musical instruments. People come through here with classic guitars, barely played drum kits and gently used amps.  On a good day we carry Fender, Ibanez, Gibson and more. We guarantee the quality of these – we ahve some high quality pieces.
Yes, I got an Epiphone acoustic from a pawn shop about 5 years who, and an electric Ibanez bass with a really nice little Ampeg practice amp to go with it last year Smile Pawn shops can be a great place to find musical instruments! I’ve even seen some good quality wind instruments in pawn shops a few times in the past 5 years or so (since I’ve actually been browsing for them).