Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Haven't heard of Paymaya yet??
We have this app or online credit card, which is called Paymaya. Like you can use it as an alternative for students who wants a fast and probably an online visa or mastercard. Like you would probably just load to your card using your phone number and by paying on machines on some stores. It's a fast and very easy way to have a credit card, and probably perfect for people who would want to earn money through online jobs, for the reason that you can connect it straight to your paypal account. Do you have any related card or app like this on your country?? Big Grin
We have Paymaya in my country but I haven't tried availing them. I used the debit card which is G-cash where I can load some amount of money on the card and then I can use it as a payment in different stores. I've read good reviews and articles about Paymaya so it's worth having them. The only thing I didn't like about Paymaya is that the transfer fee through Paypal is high. I've read that G-cash has no transfer fee through Paypal that's why I chose G-cash over Paymaya. G-cash has also an app where I can see my transactions and can be linked to Paypal.
Yes, I agree with aecel, G-cash is still the best app/card in our country because it can be accepted in many stores, but Paymaya is definitely growing fast especially it is a partner now with the PBA. And true enough, the transaction fee from Paypal to Paymaya is high, unlike with G-cash where it is free.
I've heard paymaya already. In fact i have a paymaya app and a paymaya card. Paymaya card is very useful to me because i used this for a public transport like bus and train. And with the app, i make my online purchase via app and it also generate me an income by means of loading telecommunications network which i gain a very small percentage. Not badSmile Yes G-cash is more known and attracted to anyone since paymaya were just started. But paymaya steadily grow fast and many innovations and affiliations happened since its already part of SMART.
(01-01-2018, 04:32 AM)aecel Wrote: We have Paymaya in my country but I haven't tried availing them. I used the debit card which is G-cash where I can load some amount of money on the card and then I can use it as a payment in different stores. I've read good reviews and articles about Paymaya so it's worth having them. The only thing I didn't like about Paymaya is that the transfer fee through Paypal is high. I've read that G-cash has no transfer fee through Paypal that's why I chose G-cash over Paymaya. G-cash has also an app where I can see my transactions and can be linked to Paypal.

This is such a bad thing for my country Nigeria, we have nothing like Paymaya. The only cards we have are debit cards in form of Mastercard or Verve card and they simply work in ATM and POS. This has been a major problem for me in handling my e-currency transactions. 

PayPal does not have affiliations with Nigerian banks, even when I saw some chatters about them having being affiliated with First Bank of Nigeria, but when I tried linking my Mastercard to my PayPal account, it wasn't successful. I made inquiries about it and I was told that I'm going to need US dollar card before I can get it linked to account.
I have paymaya account. This app is really cool , it gave me a virtual card where I can use it for online trans action .Interms of security in has a very high rating and it is observed by government here in our country so there is nothing to worry.

For those who doest have a card yet, paymaya is the answer for you.
Looks like paymaya is a debit card, not a credit card. Correct?
I've heard Paymaya already. They said that Paymaya is a reloadable Visa card that you can online shopping, dining or transportation. Actually I searched what are pros and cons of it. Cons that I've searched are some site doesn't accept paymaya insted they require credit cards. Their system is havibg trouble sometimes. It require to have a smartphone. No two factor authentication process. While Pros are it is easy to access, you can withdrawn your money through atm, an alternative if do not have debit card app is secure plus all of transactions are in the app.
(01-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Michael Puttman Wrote: Looks like paymaya is a debit card, not a credit card. Correct?

Correct, Paymaya is not a credit card. They call it a virtual credit card, reloadable Visa card, and more truthfully and aptly, a prepaid card that can be used to pay bills, shop online, and load prepaid credits on their smartphones. It is not even a debit card because debit cards are bank-based accounts. Paymaya is not. Its attraction is the fact that it can be used by anyone who has a smartphone and an internet connection regardless of credit history. Users do not pass through stringent bank requirements to get a Paymaya account unlike real credit cards or debit cards. They have to load money into the card/app before they can use it. The app/card is only available in the Philippines and some use it to verify their Paypal account and withdraw their online earnings.
No i haven't heard of before !. But i hope it comes as a substitute to the current Visa card system, or at least works as an alternative to it. coming across the comments above i have learned that its a virtual card that works just like a visa.
I just hope it has a wide acceptance on various platforms and big companies , and hope it offers a bundle of a good combination between low transaction fees and wide range of use that covers the rest of the world countries too. Not only Philippines . but i wonder how to load that money to the app? any clues ?.