Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Haven't heard of Paymaya yet??
(01-02-2018, 04:28 AM)Camilla Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Michael Puttman Wrote: Looks like paymaya is a debit card, not a credit card. Correct?

Correct, Paymaya is not a credit card. They call it a virtual credit card, reloadable Visa card, and more truthfully and aptly, a prepaid card that can be used to pay bills, shop online, and load prepaid credits on their smartphones. It is not even a debit card because debit cards are bank-based accounts. Paymaya is not. Its attraction is the fact that it can be used by anyone who has a smartphone and an internet connection regardless of credit history. Users do not pass through stringent bank requirements to get a Paymaya account unlike real credit cards or debit cards. They have to load money into the card/app before they can use it. The app/card is only available in the Philippines and some use it to verify their Paypal account and withdraw their online earnings.

It's obvious that Paymaya is not a credit card and simply a debit card but the good side of it is that it can be used to verify PayPal account and carryout e-currency transactions without stress. Even though their charges with PayPal seem to high but at least it's better than nothing like most countries don't have any.
(01-02-2018, 01:04 PM)Crewscaptin Wrote: No i haven't heard of before !. But i hope it comes as a substitute to the current Visa card system, or at least works as an alternative to it. coming across the comments above i have learned that its a virtual card that works just like a visa.
I just hope it has a wide acceptance on various platforms and big companies , and hope it offers a bundle of a good combination between low transaction fees and wide range of use that covers the rest of the world countries too. Not only Philippines . but i wonder how to load that money to the app? any clues ?.

Hi Sir, here in the Philippines most of the people are using paymaya app because it's very helpful to our daily transactions, be in shopping,  sending remittances or paying bills.  What's good about it is that you can cash in or load up money through partner stores like 7 eleven,  cebuana and the like. Most of the partner stores of pay maya is very accessible to anyone as their branches are visible almost anywhere.  All you have to do is to open your pay maya app and request for cash in then give the reference to the partner store where you load up then you will receive a notification. Loading amount to your virtual credit card ( though is performs as debit card)   is easy,  it's real time. Pay maya app is user friendly and is very useful.  I hope one day,  pay maya app will be used worldwide so that everyone will have the ease of transacting fast online.
This is the first time I'm coming across this virtual card called paymaya, and in as much as it's exciting to use looking at how the main poster analyzed everything, I would like to know the charges involved in using such card especially as regards linking it to PayPal. The reason I asked is to be sure that one won't be charged higher than what we pay to use other means of receiving and paying for bills on the internet.
(01-02-2018, 04:28 AM)Camilla Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Michael Puttman Wrote: Looks like paymaya is a debit card, not a credit card. Correct?

Correct, Paymaya is not a credit card. They call it a virtual credit card, reloadable Visa card, and more truthfully and aptly, a prepaid card that can be used to pay bills, shop online, and load prepaid credits on their smartphones. It is not even a debit card because debit cards are bank-based accounts. Paymaya is not. Its attraction is the fact that it can be used by anyone who has a smartphone and an internet connection regardless of credit history. Users do not pass through stringent bank requirements to get a Paymaya account unlike real credit cards or debit cards. They have to load money into the card/app before they can use it. The app/card is only available in the Philippines and some use it to verify their Paypal account and withdraw their online earnings.

So Paymaya is not a debit card as well and it's not bank-account based. So, I would like to know where is it then that one get to buy or apply for a Paymaya card from? Is it just being sold anywhere or what? Every cards I virtually know about are offered in the bank. 

But since it's said that one would have to load money into the card before its usage shows it's almost the same thing as bank account debit cards because the money in one's bank account is already preloaded into their debit card. The only difference I see here is the ability of one using Paymaya cards to verify PayPal account and carry out transactions with it.
I am a long time paymaya user and I can say that it is a trusted way to recieve and pay bills. Aside from it is the most trusted one when it comes to online receiving money it is also a fastest and a safest way to store money (I am talking to not too big amount of money.) And also paymaya only get tax to those who have a lot amount of money in their account and it is a great idea right?
Yeah. But I preffered GCash over it. Paymaya is not that realiable. First, most of the customer service are not really helpful at all, they will say they will look in to your problem giving you false assurance. Second, compared to GCash that you can inquire directly to globe store, Paymaya which is connected on smart will just direct you to another person to another when you go on their store and ends up just wasting your time. Third, everytime they had an update on their app which you should forcefully do because if you don't you can't use the app anymore, but after you update the app will just crash from time to time or some of its features won't work leaving you stressed since you have money on it but can't use it.

And, I think the thread says credit card? Not a debit card where paymaya can be considered or Paymaya has changed its purpose or added some features amd can be use as credit card as well??
(01-01-2018, 12:19 PM)Martinsx Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 04:32 AM)aecel Wrote: We have Paymaya in my country but I haven't tried availing them. I used the debit card which is G-cash where I can load some amount of money on the card and then I can use it as a payment in different stores. I've read good reviews and articles about Paymaya so it's worth having them. The only thing I didn't like about Paymaya is that the transfer fee through Paypal is high. I've read that G-cash has no transfer fee through Paypal that's why I chose G-cash over Paymaya. G-cash has also an app where I can see my transactions and can be linked to Paypal.

This is such a bad thing for my country Nigeria, we have nothing like Paymaya. The only cards we have are debit cards in form of Mastercard or Verve card and they simply work in ATM and POS. This has been a major problem for me in handling my e-currency transactions. 

PayPal does not have affiliations with Nigerian banks, even when I saw some chatters about them having being affiliated with First Bank of Nigeria, but when I tried linking my Mastercard to my PayPal account, it wasn't successful. I made inquiries about it and I was told that I'm going to need US dollar card before I can get it linked to account.

We have an ATM card too for Paymaya and G-cash we can withdraw the money in atm machine anywhere. Before linking your Mastercard to your Paypal account make sure your information is the same. Check the spelling of your name they should be the same otherwise it won't be verified by Paypal. Your card must have at least one or two dollars, they want to know if your card is still active. If you have already a MasterCard it shouldn't be a problem because MasterCard can be used internationally and automatically converted to dollar currency. Are you sure it about the dollar thing? Have you tried comparing your information from your Paypal account to MasterCard?
(01-03-2018, 11:26 AM)Martinsx Wrote: So Paymaya is not a debit card as well and it's not bank-account based. So, I would like to know where is it then that one get to buy or apply for a Paymaya card from? Is it just being sold anywhere or what? Every cards I virtually know about are offered in the bank. 

But since it's said that one would have to load money into the card before its usage shows it's almost the same thing as bank account debit cards because the money in one's bank account is already preloaded into their debit card. The only difference I see here is the ability of one using Paymaya cards to verify PayPal account and carry out transactions with it.

I don't really see why you should bother about Paymaya at all if you're not a Filipino. It is only available for Filipinos with access to the local channels for loading the app/card. If you're from Nigeria, you can't use it to verify your Paypal account. Many advanced countries don't have something like Paymaya because they can basically do financial transactions through mainstream banking products like credit cards, debit cards, or regular banking accounts. 

Loading a Paymaya account is like loading a SIM card on a prepaid phone service. It is not a bank product nor is it tied up with a bank account. It is just one of the many ways to verify a Paypal account in the Philippines. It is more popular among the student population and the informally employed sector or what the Paymaya website itself calls the 'underserved' sector. Based on impartial reviews and complaints about its usage, particularly on issues of refund for online purchases, it obviously has plenty of room for improvement.
If you are planning to try earning online the first thing that you must have is a paypal account. Because most of the site where you can make money only sends money in Paypal. So if you are planning or interested in earning extra incom online. This is a must.

(01-03-2018, 12:45 PM)Heart Wrote: Yeah. But I preffered GCash over it. Paymaya is not that realiable. First, most of the customer service are not really helpful at all, they will say they will look in to your problem giving you false assurance. Second, compared to GCash that you can inquire directly to globe store, Paymaya which is connected on smart will just direct you to another person to another when you go on their store and ends up just wasting your time. Third, everytime they had an update on their app which you should forcefully do because if you don't you can't use the app anymore, but after you update the app will just crash from time to time or some of its features won't work leaving you stressed since you have money on it but can't use it.

And, I think the thread says credit card? Not a debit card where paymaya can be considered or Paymaya has changed its purpose or added some features amd can be use as credit card as well??

Great to hear that Gcash is a good way to earn online too. I just want to know if Gcash allows an 18 years old and below to have an Gcash account. Because paypal doesnt let an teen ager to have an paypal account. And What is the requirements in registering Gcash?

(01-03-2018, 04:18 AM)Henrywrites Wrote: This is the first time I'm coming across this virtual card called paymaya, and in as much as it's exciting to use looking at how the main poster analyzed everything, I would like to know the charges involved in using such card especially as regards linking it to PayPal. The reason I asked is to be sure that one won't be charged higher than what we pay to use other means of receiving and paying for bills on the internet.

No, it doesn't charge much. And as far as I know it doesn't charge a low receiver of money. Even though you are using them to receive and to pay you still wont be charge too much if there is only a low amount of money involved. Based on my experience they charge me 3 dollars for transferring my money in paypal to atm car. But for me it is okay.

When I am buying games online or buying things in my online game I always use paymaya. Because it is the more easier than anything. Everyone can use it there is no age limitations. As long as you know how to use it properly you can do it.
I haven't heard of this before. I don't know if it is used in the United States but it sounds like something that could be helpful in terms of a short term loan. It is just one of the things that is interesting about the world of finance. It seems there are always new options coming out.