Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paymaya vs Gcash
So I've been using Paymaya for a while now, but due to some "enchancements" I've been unable to load up using my BDO account.
Now, with the time pressure of needing to get money in my account so our podcast hosting license (Gixcast! The number fun filipino gaming podcast! Shamless plug plug plug) doesnt expire AND with ALL 7elevens, ministops and even SM FCKING AURA unable to load up.
I was forced to create a GCash Account.
And now I have both. Obviously, I dont wanna juggle between two (Dont even have the money for that anyway).
Sooooo may I ask which is the better service?
I prefer to use Paymaya because of its very simple GUI and not so hard to register. I have troubles in registering at Gcash. I don't know the exact step in registering. I Follow the instruction, they said that I should chat in there Facebook account the word "Hello" then I chat already then they reply to me "Thank you ... Please enter you gcash number to verify you account...." then I enter my gcash number but after that I didnt get any reply afterwards Sad . I don't know what should I do next because the instructions are too confusing. So overall I prefered to use Paymaya. Less hassle in registering.
I use paymaya but i also use gcash for benfits like free load when you refer a friend so i use gcash to hsve a free load and i laso use paymaya to verify my paypal account so the two are both useful to me and have a good characteritics when you have both
I've been using Gcash now for like 2 months I think. I can't compare the two because I have no Paymaya account but so far I like Gcash. Gcash has no transfer fee or in some cases has a lower transfer fee. I've read articles that Paymaya has a higher transfer fee compared to Gcash so I'm glad that I chose Gcash. Gcash has also an app where you can monitor your account balance, cash-in your money from your Paypal account and different services. So far I haven't had a bad experience using Gcash it's the best as of this moment.
Its also good to have both but its very useful if you have paymaya because paymaya have a virtual card or real card that can be use like visa card and master card unlike the gcash it have but paymaya have easy to use.
I am assuming you've got yourself GCash working now. I don't see any hassle in keeping both. When you use GCash to activate your Paypal account in the Philippines, and you need to transfer money to your GCash, paypal does not charge up fees compared to Paymaya. Transfers also in real time. But of course nothing is 100% reliable. Hassles can occur anytime on every virtual card you use. I suggest if you can, keep them both. When I got my GCash, I just kept Paymaya because you'll never know what developments these virtual cards will have in the future that will probably be useful for you. The bottom line is, if you got both, when one fails, you still have the other as back up.
I would say Gcash as of right now, Paymaya just literally sucks like in terms of the bank transfers, tax and interest, all in all it totally sucks. On the other hand Gcash for me, is a good thing, like whenever I get payed on PayPal, I just definitely cash it out on Gcash because of the interest before transferring it but when you transfer your money through Paymaya the interest is half of the money you'll get. And also, the customer service on Paymaya sucks as well.
(02-01-2018, 03:05 AM)gelotologist Wrote: I would say Gcash as of right now, Paymaya just literally sucks like in terms of the bank transfers, tax and interest, all in all it totally sucks. On  the other hand Gcash for me, is a good thing, like whenever I get payed on PayPal, I just definitely cash it out on Gcash because of the interest before transferring it but when you transfer your money through Paymaya the interest is half of the money you'll get. And also, the customer service on Paymaya sucks as well.

Can you help me? I can verify my account on gcash. I am still waiting for about 1month just to verify my account Sad. What did you do to verify your account in gcash.
(02-01-2018, 05:56 AM)mharzenas Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 03:05 AM)gelotologist Wrote: I would say Gcash as of right now, Paymaya just literally sucks like in terms of the bank transfers, tax and interest, all in all it totally sucks. On  the other hand Gcash for me, is a good thing, like whenever I get payed on PayPal, I just definitely cash it out on Gcash because of the interest before transferring it but when you transfer your money through Paymaya the interest is half of the money you'll get. And also, the customer service on Paymaya sucks as well.

Can you help me? I can verify my account on gcash. I am still waiting for about 1month just to verify my account Sad. What did you do to verify your account in gcash.

I am assuming you cannot verify your Gcash account right? The best way i can suggest is go to a Globe office or outlet nearest to you and ask for the KYC or verification of your GCash. They will happily assist you in verifying your Gcash account in no time. It will just take about 10 to 15mins then you are good to go. No need for online sending of requirements and online interview. The best thing about it is you can have your personal Gcash card on the spot. It is like hitting all birds with one stone! No need to wait for months, weeks, or days. Just minutes and everything is settled. Unlike applying and waiting to be verified online, it is processed instantly, and even if you already did have an account in Gcash, you still need to go out to find an outlet that provides Gcash card, that is if you want to have a Gcash atm card.
Gcash is also useful but i think it only useful only in the Phillipines because many people use it like smart padala to send money in far away but i think its only allowed in the Philippines is their anyone know globe telecom in your country?