Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unclaimed pawned items for bidding!
Have anyone here tried to attend in a pawnshop bidding for unclaimed pawned items?
Can you give me some do's and don'ts. I'm planning to buy some stuffs on the bidding for my buy and sale business.
Nope, I haven't experienced going to a pawn shop to bid or buy an item with them but as I stated from my previous thread my mother redeem a Samsung tablet because our neighbor asked my mom if she could claim the item and luckily she said yes and now she has a tablet and got it for a lower price. Always checks the stuff if it's still in good condition no defects at all. Check the original price if it's worth buying.
Well my first advice to you is, you should at least try to have an idea about the item you want to buy or bring someone who knows. Second is, if you are buying gadgets be sure to check the gadgets first, ask the teller how long it was pawned because most of the gadgets they are trying to sell are stored for a long time and it will have an effect on the gadget specially on mobile phones when it is not use for a long time. And lastly, since it is a bidding be prepare to pay a high price for an item you want to buy.
Haven't been to any bidding, let alone the pawned items for bidding. However, what I can assure you is if you are going to participate in a bidding, go to a reputable pawnshop. Why? because the items they get are in good conditions. They make sure that the items pawned to them are useful and can be sold at a reasonable price if the items will not be claimed. So go to a reputable pawnshop and check the description of each item.
(01-31-2018, 04:25 AM)aecel Wrote: Nope, I haven't experienced going to a pawn shop to bid or buy an item with them but as I stated from my previous thread my mother redeem a Samsung tablet because our neighbor asked my mom if she could claim the item and luckily she said yes and now she has a tablet and got it for a lower price. Always checks the stuff if it's still in good condition no defects at all. Check the original price if it's worth buying.

Ofcourse you should always look for the flower in a bush. Just like in pawnshop bidding. You must focus on looking for that one worthy sruff to buy.
Yes that is a great idea, especially you mentioning that you are planning to have a buy and sell business. It will take efforts and capitals but it will be profitable in the long run. If you succeed with that maybe you could put up your own pawnshop or be the one to host your own auction. Good luck to you man.
I have seen it before and I patronized them, honestly speaking I didn't have a clue that it was a pawn shop and things were a little bit cheap, when I was later told what it was I stylishly gave out the stuffs I bought from them.
(01-31-2018, 08:03 PM)AmieBotella Wrote: Haven't been to any bidding, let alone the pawned items for bidding. However, what I can assure you is if you are going to participate in a bidding, go to a reputable pawnshop. Why? because the items they get are in good conditions. They make sure that the items pawned to them are useful and can be sold at a reasonable price if the items will not be claimed. So go to a reputable pawnshop and check the description of each item.

This is a timely advise that can help anyone in buying items from the pawn shop. The major tip is trying to ensure that the device is of good condition to avoid buying something that you won't use for a long period before getting spoiled. However, it is going to be difficult for me buying an item from the pawn shop unless I got a genuine information on the particular item that is being pawned. 
I have no experience yet in this kind of bidding, unclaimed pawn items. Yes pawn shops do this kind of auction and bidding for items which under failure to redeem. I have a little bit of idea of bidding in this unclaimed pawn items, they offer this to public in a cheaper cost and some times a very low cost.
Yes. You should always check if the item is still in good condition. You should check if it has minor or major dents. Also, you should check whether the item was pawned and unclaimed for how long because it also has an effect to the quality of the item, since it is being stocked. Most of all, consider checking its original price so that you can really save money.