Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pay Pal Credit
If someone cannot be approved for most loan things, they might get approved for PayPal Credit.  However, I could be wrong, but I was approved, but I don't have a chance in the sun of getting a credit card or payday advance.  Anyway, what are your experiences with this program?  Mine are sort of good, but I have yet to pay off the $500 loan I got. Instead, I just pay off a little at a time, while I keep a small amount of credit in there.
(01-30-2018, 04:16 AM)jyy Wrote: If someone cannot be approved for most loan things, they might get approved for PayPal Credit.  However, I could be wrong, but I was approved, but I don't have a chance in the sun of getting a credit card or payday advance.  Anyway, what are your experiences with this program?  Mine are sort of good, but I have yet to pay off the $500 loan I got. Instead, I just pay off a little at a time, while I keep a small amount of credit in there.

I never knew PayPal was offering loans until now. Thanks for sharing this information! Is this type of credit only available to US citizens or is it a worldwide thing? 

Also, do you happen to know what makes someone who is not eligible for getting a credit card from a bank, a good candidate for PayPal credit? I mean aren't they basically similar things to begin with?
PayPal has both a debit and credit card option. I think I have looked before at the PayPal credit and thought it looked a bit difficult to obtain. I could be wrong though it is awhile since I looked at it. I would think you would need at least average credit. Of course, the PayPal debit card is open to everyone.
(01-30-2018, 11:04 AM)kgord Wrote: Of course, the PayPal debit card is open to everyone.

Everyone in America. I'm from Europe there is no PayPal debit card option here in my country. There are many users from the Philippines on this forum and they don't have access to this service either. I think it's only limited to US residents.
Wow, is this really true? I hope i would be eligible though. How to apply for it? I have not seen anything from the paypal page about their loan option. Maybe I will try to look for it again. I hope i won't need a loan again but it's a good thing to know that paypal is another loan option. And $500 is a good amount of money for a first time loan with them.
(01-31-2018, 04:26 AM)chikatilo Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:04 AM)kgord Wrote: Of course, the PayPal debit card is open to everyone.

Everyone in America. I'm from Europe there is no PayPal debit card option here in my country. There are many users from the Philippines on this forum and they don't have access to this service either. I think it's only limited to US residents.

Canadians it might be open to as well. I am not sure. Maybe someone from Canada can let us know. Actually, I think I did hear before that PP debit wasn't open to everyone. I think it should be though as it is a very convenient way to use the service. You don't have to wait around for a bank transfer and have access to your money immediately.
(01-30-2018, 04:16 AM)jyy Wrote: If someone cannot be approved for most loan things, they might get approved for PayPal Credit.  However, I could be wrong, but I was approved, but I don't have a chance in the sun of getting a credit card or payday advance.  Anyway, what are your experiences with this program?  Mine are sort of good, but I have yet to pay off the $500 loan I got. Instead, I just pay off a little at a time, while I keep a small amount of credit in there.
This is the first time I heard about paypal giving loans or credit opportunity. How did you that? Share it on this forum to educate the other contributors here.
I am new to this information, I never knew paypal is doing something like this, thanks for sharing it with us I will go check it out.
(01-31-2018, 04:26 AM)chikatilo Wrote:

That's exactly what I thought. I've been using Paypal for quite some time now and this is the first time I've heard about it. Funny how I get excited to try that service only to find out that it is not available on our country.
OK, I did some research. Here's the deal:

First you have to provide PayPal with your birth date and Social Security Number. You’ll know within seconds if you are approved. PayPal Credit will automatically be added to your PayPal account. Now that they mention SSN, it makes it clear that this service is available only in America.

The good thing is there is no annual fee. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 19.99% and the Minimum Interest charge is $2.00.

The great thing is there is NO interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchses of $99 or more. Lucky Americans!  Smile