Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dollar Card maintenance fee
Question 
We all have our favorite card used in carrying out all of our transaction. Some use dollar card while others use euro cards. Personally I make use of a dollar card which I was issued by my bank - Guaranty Trust Bank GTB. This my dollar card comes with a $20 annual maintenance fee. 

How much are you charged for your card maintenance by your bank?
The basic Serve has a $1 monthly fee which is waived when you direct deposit at least $500. Reloads are up to $3.95. The Serve Free Reloads has a $4.95 monthly fee but offers free reloads at participating retailers including CVS Pharmacies, Dollar General Stores, and Walmart.
(02-01-2018, 09:16 PM)Uyj143 Wrote: The basic Serve has a $1 monthly fee which is waived when you direct deposit at least $500. Reloads are up to $3.95. The Serve Free Reloads has a $4.95 monthly fee but offers free reloads at participating retailers including CVS Pharmacies, Dollar General Stores, and Walmart.

$1 monthly fee? Wow that's a very good one. So from all indications, it's just $12 annually. This is a better deal than what we are offered over here, and I was with the assumption that it's cheap what we are being charged here while other countries are getting a far more better bargain than we ever did.
(02-02-2018, 04:12 AM)Martinsx Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 09:16 PM)Uyj143 Wrote: The basic Serve has a $1 monthly fee which is waived when you direct deposit at least $500. Reloads are up to $3.95. The Serve Free Reloads has a $4.95 monthly fee but offers free reloads at participating retailers including CVS Pharmacies, Dollar General Stores, and Walmart.

$1 monthly fee? Wow that's a very good one. So from all indications, it's just $12 annually. This is a better deal than what we are offered over here, and I was with the assumption that it's cheap what we are being charged here while other countries are getting a far more better bargain than we ever did.

I'm surprised too that they are being charged as low as a dollar per month as maintenance fee for the card. I mean it is difficult to get such a value right here in Nigeria where things are on the high side and many people suffering as a result of the banking system not protecting the masses as they ought to be doing. 
The basic Serve has a $1 monthly fee which is waived when you direct deposit at least $500. Reloads are up to $3.95. The Serve Free Reloads has a $4.95 monthly fee but offers free reloads at participating retailers including CVS Pharmacies, Dollar General Stores, and Walmart.
(02-02-2018, 02:35 PM)Henrywrites Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 04:12 AM)Martinsx Wrote:

I'm surprised too that they are being charged as low as a dollar per month as maintenance fee for the card. I mean it is difficult to get such a value right here in Nigeria where things are on the high side and many people suffering as a result of the banking system not protecting the masses as they ought to be doing. 

@Henrywrites This is still proof that Nigeria is a messed up economy and country when it's banking system is involved. If you try Western Union, it's one story or another. You make use of domicilary account, they will use charge and kill you, and coming to PayPal, that one is completely out of the question. Now they charge $20 annual, when other countries charge $12. This country is really killing its citizens. Why am I a Nigerian?
In ny knowledge it have a 1 dollar maintenance fee so its okay and not much problem in speaking of money but if you are an average person its very important specially to my friend but its much better to not have a credit to avoid it.
(02-05-2018, 01:41 AM)gamingadict Wrote: In ny knowledge it have a 1 dollar maintenance fee so its okay and not much problem in speaking of money but if you are an average person its very important specially to my friend but its much better to not have a credit to avoid it.

The truth about getting a dollar card is not for fancy sake, it's supposed to have purpose and mine happens to be strictly for business purposes which I in turn make huge turn over from using the dollar card for several financial transactions that pays me well.

So therefore, by the end of one year and I'm billed between $1 a month to $20, I definitely believe it's not that much of a bad deal as long as I made huge returns on the card usage.