Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Master Card vs Verve/Visa Card : Which Is Much Better?
Master Card and Verve/Visa Cards are the most used card issued by financial institutions and I do believe that there is a difference in services of using either of the card which is why both are issued because if not I think only one of them would be offered in banks.

A friend threw the question at me not long ago and I decided to bring it here for like minds to give me your opinion on this because I have no clue as to their features and perks they come with. Although I use a master card but I cannot say this is the benefit I'm getting for it that is different from what those using Visa/Verve cards are getting.
As a consumer, as far as I concerned I don't see the difference between Master Card and Visa Card. Also, as far as I know, that both of it is accepted in over two hundred countries and did not experience or encounter a situation which the only one is accepted but not the other one. On the other hand, I prefer using the master card rather than visa card. Though both of it you can benefits. Still, it depends on you what are you going to use.
Visa and Mastercard are payment networks. They both work on the backroom by processing payments between banks and merchants. Each carry a set of benefits for the different card levels but they can be overridden by the issuing bank. The benefits for each network may vary but the differences are negligible and can be matched with compensating features by the other network. Most users need not bother about these differences. Instead, they should be more concerned about the perks and features of the card issuer for each type and level of cards.

Benefits like cash back rewards, annual fees waiver, miles, 0% installments, balance transfer, travel promos, and purchase protection are all dependent on the card issuers. Both types of cards are accepted worldwide but there are merchants that may only opt to work with either payment network. Some stores may have an exclusive deal with one network and some simply find it burdensome to deal with more than one network.
I don't or actually can't tell the difference since I haven't used or created a Master Card before. For me, there isn't much of difference in terms of buying things, they all look the same to me, like they both are cards for me. I guess the benefits that each card would give is the difference I can tell.
Master Card vs Verve/Visa Card : Which Is Much Better?

Since i have them both, i don't see whos superior or much better among them. On the consumer point of view, sometimes we may not notice the added benefits and perks of the cards that we have to the fact that we are not after it. As long as we can use the power of the card to buy, that's it. And in the end we may get surprise for some perks, entitled points and bonuses that we've qualified in which we are not totally aware of.
(01-03-2018, 01:26 AM)Camilla Wrote: Visa and Mastercard are payment networks. They both work on the backroom by processing payments between banks and merchants. Each carry a set of benefits for the different card levels but they can be overridden by the issuing bank. The benefits for each network may vary but the differences are negligible and can be matched with compensating features by the other network. Most users need not bother about these differences. Instead, they should be more concerned about the perks and features of the card issuer for each type and level of cards.

Benefits like cash back rewards, annual fees waiver, miles, 0% installments, balance transfer, travel promos, and purchase protection are all dependent on the card issuers. Both types of cards are accepted worldwide but there are merchants that may only opt to work with either payment network. Some stores may have an exclusive deal with one network and some simply find it burdensome to deal with more than one network.

As far as I can tell @Camilla the cost of getting a Master card was a bit higher than Visa card, so I probably presume that there is hidden feature that master cards comes with which Visa cards don't. But from all the comments I have read so far on this, I have seen any distinct differences stated in the use of card or what makes one better over the other. 

I think I would have to simply ask my friend who wanted to know the difference in both of them to go for anyone, since they are basically the same thing.
(01-03-2018, 10:31 AM)Martinsx Wrote: As far as I can tell @Camilla the cost of getting a Master card was a bit higher than Visa card, so I probably presume that there is hidden feature that master cards comes with which Visa cards don't. But from all the comments I have read so far on this, I have seen any distinct differences stated in the use of card or what makes one better over the other. 

I think I would have to simply ask my friend who wanted to know the difference in both of them to go for anyone, since they are basically the same thing.

It didn't cost me anything to acquire my credit cards and this is true for both Visa and Master cards. Most credit card issuers charge annual fees to use the cards but many waive the initial membership and annual fees. They may also waive annual fees for the succeeding years for cardholders with good standing. The annual fees usually vary with the card issuer. Even then, I don't pay annual cards on my credit cards because I always call the bank and request for them to be waived or at least charged to my reward points balance.
Visa and master card is both a good credit cards for me, they both really well. I cant say anything about it. But if it is your first time to get an credit card I would suggest that you should get the visa card. As far as I know it doesn't need too many requirements to get one of this. So goodluck to you.
Exactly my question. I didn't know their difference as well or if they do have difference at all. I have Master card and dont even know why I was end up having Master Card and not visa card. Which is more better anyway?
I don't think there is a "one-size-fits-all" credit card. Each has different positives and negatives, and the right one for any person would be the one that makes the most sense for that person. Check out a variety of offers and see which one has incentives that would benefit you the most (for example, you won't benefit from 2% cash back on gas purchases if you don't have a car). Sometimes there are too many choices out there, and that can be frustrating, too!