Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Would you like to have a credit card?
Credit card is a great financial tool nowadays. It fasten our daily transactions. It also provide rewards through point system and offer short term financial aid depending on your card limit. It's a help for those who know how to use in favor of their end.  There are advantages and disadvantages using credit card but it's up to us how to use it.  It's undeniable that credit card nowadays become one of the payment platform and lots of people enjoy its benefit.  On the other hand,  many as well suffer financial burden because of mishandling card limits.  

Would you like to have a credit card in the future?  Or if you have one,  what can you say about it?
Credit cards have been advantageous in my life. I've been using credit cards for more than ten years and it has helped me through the highs and lows of life like unemployment and raising a child on a single income. It has been beneficial to me because I had the discipline to use this financial tool. It helps a lot that I have a finance background but even without it, common sense will tell us not to abuse a privilege that if used well, can open a lot of opportunities. I've used it to finance an offline business that now provides me a second income, a passive one. Having credit cards alongside an emergency fund and savings fund gives me an assurance that there'll be funds available to meet life's exigencies.
It's actually good to have a credit card. You can use it in different ways but what I like most about credit card is you can use it for business. You just really need to use it in a smart way as possible. Don't use it for luxurious because you're gonna be in trouble. If you know that you have extra earnings then you can maybe buy things that you want but excessive buying is a big no.
I would like to have a credit, like for saving money and getting ready for the future as well. I also remember that I did set a goal about a credit card that I would get one day when I grow up, for the reason that I did see a guy on a suit paying the cashier using a card. And that's the moment I've said that "how cool is that, paying things with your card and not your money", and that was when I was kid. Big Grin
The safety that comes with having a credit card is the reason I got one when I entered the university late 2012 and one thing about that having such then was that it made it possible for me to run most of my transactions without having cash on me. Also, you can plan the way you spend on a daily basis with a credit card instead of having the cash and not planning well with it. So, having credit card is a great way to plan things.
If it was a few years back I would say capital NO to having a credit card because it's only going to incurre debts for me. But I'm with a changed option lately because of the benefits I see recently in owning a credit card. About getting into debt while using credit cards is solely if one doesn't control how often the card is used to make unnecessary purchases and having interests pile up for one to pay. 

But with the benefits of earning more money with the usage of credit cards is the main reason why I would say a yes to owning a credit card. It's going to give one access to making several online business and earning e-currency as well. So therefore, the thought of having a credit card is a very good one now.
No at all because i have no income yet to backup my credit card i am just a student.I only prefer a debit card for me because i haven't a stable income yet and i have no full time job yet.
(01-05-2018, 09:09 AM)olive7 Wrote: No at all because i have no income yet to backup my credit card i am just a student.I only prefer a debit card for me because i haven't a stable income yet and i have no full time job yet.

Good for you, that is a smart choice. When you find yourself with a stable income, you should do some research on which credit card has rewards that you will be able to take the most advantage of. Use the credit card only for purchases that you are able to immediately the balance on so you will never have to pay any interest. If you do these things you will have amazing credit, you are already ahead of the game.
(01-05-2018, 06:56 AM)Henrywrites Wrote: The safety that comes with having a credit card is the reason I got one when I entered the university late 2012 and one thing about that having such then was that it made it possible for me to run most of my transactions without having cash on me. Also, you can plan the way you spend on a daily basis with a credit card instead of having the cash and not planning well with it. So, having credit card is a great way to plan things.

It's a good feeling to be able to spend on credit. It affords you convenience with everything you are doing with especially having to pay for stuffs. But care must be taken on how this card is being used because it does not come for free. There are interest on purchases made with these cards, so it's important to keep it tight with how often this card is used in order to avoid getting into serious debts.
I heard some negativity about owning a credit cards. I don't know if it is true that having a credit card would lead into a financial depth on the bank where you applied your credit card.