Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
0% interest installment terms
It's a good offer as you can pay the item with no pressure at all. You need not a huge amount of money in an instant, instead you can pay it monthly or what the term is. This means you can still take care of other obligations. The price may be a bit higher, but it is not that much, unlike with interest rate which can go up to 50% or more.
It is a great deal indeed. Just be patient enough to compare prices from different retailers. I am not advising to do abuse shopping anything with zero interest, just things you needed or you can pay because it is still your liability, even if it has no interest, it is still spending money.
I think it's good to avail that since it is 0%. You can pay for it installment without interest. I think it a good Idea. You can use the appliance while paying.
It is good to take 0% installment but somehow it has hidden charges. Try to compute the total amount you will spend in 6 months of installment or more then you will see it has higher value than the SRP of its product. But somehow 0% installment can lessen the pressure of money spending. For example the cost of TV is Php 50,000, by using loans you will just pay atleast Php4,000 a month. Means lesser power of spending.
Actually, upon my observation. Items that has an 0% installment terms also had a cash discount. Means, you'll be getting a discount if you purchased it thru cash. But the cash discount is not applicable when you use a credit card to purchased it. Therefore I conclude that the original price of the item is the one with the cash discount. They just try to trick us by using the word discount but in reality it is the interest upon availing it in installment terms.
Yes, You will enjoy more of your money when you avail it in installment. You can purchase other product. You will not be limited in one product even it has a big value. So installment are a very useful in terms of managing money.
(01-15-2018, 10:39 AM)mharzenas Wrote: Yes, You will enjoy more of your money when you avail it in installment. You can purchase other product. You will not be limited in one product even it has a big value. So installment are a very useful in terms of managing money.
But the real question in this kind of terms is are we really saving money in the long run? Or we just paid the item higher than the original price?
(01-12-2018, 10:00 AM)JB Fernandez Wrote: Actually, upon my observation. Items that has an 0% installment terms also had a cash discount. Means, you'll be getting a discount if you purchased it thru cash. But the cash discount is not applicable when you use a credit card to purchased it. Therefore I conclude that the original price of the item is the one with the cash discount. They just try to trick us by using the word discount but in reality it is the interest upon availing it in installment terms.
Quote:
(01-15-2018, 08:12 PM)JB Fernandez Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 10:39 AM)mharzenas Wrote: Yes, You will enjoy more of your money when you avail it in installment. You can purchase other product. You will not be limited in one product even it has a big value. So installment are a very useful in terms of managing money.
But the real question in this kind of terms is are we really saving money in the long run? Or we just paid the item higher than the original price?

You make a very good point, JB Fernandez. It seems like the the basal conclusion here is that it is best and most profitable for the customer to buy the product in question by paying right away. And in some cases - in cash. That way one can be sure there is no hidden tricky overcharge, disguised by the title "0% installment loan". The only benefit of paying by installments is that you have more time to manage your funds.

I wonder what the point is in these "pay-by-cash discounts"? They haven't started doing in my country yet. I mean, what difference does it make for the retailer/merchant between paying in cash or paying with your debit card!?
Credit cards in the Philippines offer 0% interest installment plans for the intrepid shopper, and the best part is that nearly all banks in the country offer this.

There are a number of things you need to consider, such as ensuring that the plan in question IS genuine, and to read the terms and conditions. Beyond that, it’s a matter of keeping up with the monthly payments – as you would the mortgage on a home loan or a car loan.
(01-07-2018, 06:32 PM)kgord Wrote: I think it is OK, but you really need to read the fine print about those sorts of things and make sure that you are not paying more than you would if you just paid for the item upfront.

Well they market it this way.

Original Price 10,000.00
5 months to pay 0% interest.
Cash Discount: 2,000.00
Cash purchase price: 8,000

So what do you think of this?