Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Home Credit
This sounds more like HP than a loan. With HP you pay a certain amount and a bit of the loan every week or month. The payments normally involve very high-interest rates so that you end up[ paying twice or thrice more than the item costs. However, if there is something that you really need and don't have enough to pay in one go, it is a good idea if you don't mind paying more than necessary.
(01-06-2018, 11:44 AM)Heart Wrote: If you need appliances, gadgets and more but lacking some funds this loan can be your best choice to avail. Home Credit is a Global Consumers Finance expert, they have branches all over the world. They offer safe and fast lending transaction with a very simple requirements and Flexible contructs. If I am not mistaken they also offer a cash loan! This is Legit and the interest is small compared to others. Sometimes, some branches do offers zero interest as well!

Interesting I will try this, but I do my research first thank you for the information, you said it is global I'm from Philippines.

Thanks you,
Uyj143
(01-06-2018, 11:44 AM)Heart Wrote: If you need appliances, gadgets and more but lacking some funds this loan can be your best choice to avail. Home Credit is a Global Consumers Finance expert, they have branches all over the world. They offer safe and fast lending transaction with a very simple requirements and Flexible contructs. If I am not mistaken they also offer a cash loan! This is Legit and the interest is small compared to others. Sometimes, some branches do offers zero interest as well!

I admit I have never heard of this company but I decided to look them up and if it is the same as the one I found There are place here in my state also. It offers many loans even bad credit loans. I think I need to find out more information on the company, it could be a great thing.
(01-07-2018, 06:09 PM)chikatilo Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 08:43 AM)JB Fernandez Wrote: I not a fan of home credit. Some of the information stated here is not true. They have high interest rate. And aside from the interest rate, they also requires you to pay a downpayment for you to get the appliances you want. For example, the item is amounting 10,000. You need to pay 2,000 downpayment, and the 10,000 plus interest will be charged to you monthly. Depending on the terms that you will get. The longer you pay, the higher the interest rate.

What do you mean "some of the information here is not true"? We were discussing a particular company called "Home credit". They do sometimes offer credit with zero interest rate, depending on the location and branch. Have you dealt with this company and are you speaking from experience or were you referring to home credits in general, regardless of the institution that provides them?

I also tried Home Credit and they are very legit. They sometimes give you the appliances or gadget without downpayment and they also offer 0%, that will depend on the appliances or gadget you want. I purchase an appliance and use home credit, I pay them within 1 year and I think the interest very reasonable and not very high. If you don't have credit card, you can also purchase your gadget through home credit or Aeon credit service.
(01-09-2018, 02:42 PM)Heart Wrote:

Oh that's unfortunate. My brother got approved within 10 minutes and got home with the item he wanted. He just tried it for fun actually since he stumble in a store where a zero interest was offered, true enough it was a zero interest since he is always updated with technologies and stuff he will know if it was priced too high for the SRP, actually the item he got was a thousand cheaper compared to Kimstore (an online store). He only gave the smallest downpayment available which is 2000php or 40$ (downpayment is deductible) and when he finished paying for it, he became eligible for a cash loan of almost 100000php with only 4-5% interest. His experienced with Home Credit ended pretty well. Hope that if you want to try it again, you will get the same result like him. Smile

Wow, your brother must be lucky then that he got approved within 10 minutes only. What do you mean by cash loan? Does it mean that Home Credit is also offering cash loan? 100,000php is really a huge amount. What are the qualifications and requirements to have that kind of loan? It's my first time hearing that they will allow borrowers to have that kind of loan that's pretty amazing.
(01-07-2018, 08:43 AM)JB Fernandez Wrote: I not a fan of home credit. Some of the information stated here is not true. They have high interest rate. And aside from the interest rate, they also requires you to pay a downpayment for you to get the appliances you want. For example, the item is amounting 10,000. You need to pay 2,000 downpayment, and the 10,000 plus interest will be charged to you monthly. Depending on the terms that you will get. The longer you pay, the higher the interest rate.

What do you mean "some of the information here is not true"? We were discussing a particular company called "Home credit". They do sometimes offer credit with zero interest rate, depending on the location and branch. Have you dealt with this company and are you speaking from experience or were you referring to home credits in general, regardless of the institution that provides them?

They are just trying to make it sound like 0% interest installment terms. But upon availing an item thru this terms, they are requiring you to pay the "cash out" to get the item. Yes you'll get no interest for the principal price of the item, but you've already paid a cash out upon getting the item. So what's that for? Processing fee or interest in disguised? I'm very familiar with this because it is now very popular here in the philippines. And I have friends who work for Home Credit as an sales agent.
(01-12-2018, 10:07 AM)JB Fernandez Wrote:

They are just trying to make it sound like 0% interest installment terms. But upon availing an item thru this terms, they are requiring you to pay the "cash out" to get the item. Yes you'll get no interest for the principal price of the item, but you've already paid a cash out upon getting the item. So what's that for? Processing fee or interest in disguised? I'm very familiar with this because it is now very popular here in the philippines. And I have friends who work for Home Credit as an sales agent.

No they are not 0% interest, they are offering in some selected outlet but they are not offering it in general so technically they are not disguising it at all. The downpayment was deductible, so I assumed it isn't a problem at all.

(01-12-2018, 07:27 AM)aecel Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 02:42 PM)Heart Wrote:

Oh that's unfortunate. My brother got approved within 10 minutes and got home with the item he wanted. He just tried it for fun actually since he stumble in a store where a zero interest was offered, true enough it was a zero interest since he is always updated with technologies and stuff he will know if it was priced too high for the SRP, actually the item he got was a thousand cheaper compared to Kimstore (an online store). He only gave the smallest downpayment available which is 2000php or 40$ (downpayment is deductible) and when he finished paying for it, he became eligible for a cash loan of almost 100000php with only 4-5% interest. His experienced with Home Credit ended pretty well. Hope that if you want to try it again, you will get the same result like him. Smile

Wow, your brother must be lucky then that he got approved within 10 minutes only. What do you mean by cash loan? Does it mean that Home Credit is also offering cash loan? 100,000php is really a huge amount. What are the qualifications and requirements to have that kind of loan? It's my first time hearing that they will allow borrowers to have that kind of loan that's pretty amazing.

Yeah they are, not sure about the requirements though but maybe it is just the same but as I have said he became qualified right after he finished paying for his gadget. You can try the smaller amount, pretty sure it is easier to get approved.
(01-12-2018, 10:07 AM)JB Fernandez Wrote:

Don't they deduct the down payment from the total price? If what you're saying is true, then I don't see the point in using their service, but I don't think you can call a downpayment on an item a "processing fee". Down payments/cash downs  are the intial upfront portion of the total amount, they're not some kind of additional fees.
(01-08-2018, 06:28 AM)binggay03 Wrote: I've seen one out side the appliance store the other day. A few people were inquiring about it.  I guess this is an option for people who not approve to get credit cards. Sad to know that they offer high interest.

Exactly Pal. They are just making it sound that you are getting a 0% installment terms. But the truth is you've already paid the interest in the form of "cash out" upon claiming the item.
'They are all over the world'? Can definitely say this statement is not true. I've never heard of this company and it's definitely not in my country. However I like the concept very much especially when you are starting out and don't have a lot of money to buy household items. All that glitters is not gold and there is nothing for free. So this will cost you, and may be more expensive in the long run. This should be familiar to anyone that has ever bought goods on higher purchase.