Poll: Is it really worth it to have a credit card?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
5 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it worthy to get a credit card?
Getting a credit card nowadays seems to be a trend because, of course you won't have to bring with you cash when you want to buy something. But, is it really worthy to have or get a credit card? Well, as for me, No. It is totally not worth it because all the things that you bought on credit will initially have an interest to the actual money that you should pay for. I think it is better to have debit cards because you can monitor and control the things and goods that you need and want to purchase.
(01-06-2018, 08:10 PM)lisadolor Wrote: Getting a credit card nowadays seems to be a trend because, of course you won't have to bring with you cash when you want to buy something. But, is it really worthy to have or get a credit card? Well, as for me, No. It is totally not worth it because all the things that you bought on credit will initially have an interest to the actual money that you should pay for. I think it is better to have debit cards because you can monitor and control the things and goods that you need and want to purchase.

I voted "Yes", but if I could, I would've voted "Yes" and "No". For me it's a "No". I don't like the idea of being tempted to spend more than I can afford and having to pay interest after that. I don't know, maybe that's how I've been raised. Just like you, I'm a fan of debit cards.

I voted "Yes" though, because for other people having a credit card is convenient and necessary. They wouldn't have a problem paying more for a product if they do it later, when they have the money.
It actually depends on the usage, whether for business or for personal use only. And I voted "yes" for the reason that I needed it for business and for the future as well. People nowadays tend to buy or get a credit card gor their personal usage, like for shopping and something about spending more money and it's a bad thing to do for a credit card holder.
My answer is yes and no. I said "yes" because it did helped me a lot on my daily cashless transactions for running a small business and some online stuff. Actually you can use credit card with no interest if you pay the full amount on or before due date. You can also use it in installment basis with 0% interest, say buying a laptop payable in 12 months at 0% interest. You get the laptop at the same cash price but you pay it for 12 months so it gives you a benefit of owning something in the same price for an installment basis. It did also helped me as an emergency fund in my past years using it, so it lessen your worries of not having enough fund during emergencies. You just need to use the card in a good way. If you think you are always tempted to but things unimportant because you have a source then better for you to use debit card.

I also agree with you when you say "No" because like you I am an avid fan of debit card which I think less risky of having as balances are controlled by you. You can also do transactions like what credit card do so it's convenient as well.

At the end, it's always been up to us how we used it. If you're doing business, credit card is a good one. But if you're more on personal matter like saving and everything, then use debit card.
In as much as I think you have a point by saying that everything that credit card is used to pay for got interest added, I still believe that it is a good choice considering the fact that it is safer when compared with going with huge amount of money to buy things at stores. For those that stay in an area where the safety of lives is not great, one might lose cash or even get killed at the point of trying to purchase things with cash.
The truth is that the society one is in poses as a major factor in deciding whether to get a credit card or not. And also the nature of business deals one participate in have a say in it and finally ones financial status is another that can't be excluded. If all these pans out in a way that benefits the card owner, I definitely believe it's worth owning a credit card by all means.
The question should people asking is how responsible are in using your money? I think owning a credit card is more prone in depth crisis because of the fact that credit card is a borrowed money and the more you spend by using credit card the higher the interest you will pay.
I think its a yes but it depends on your state of living like us my family have no business, my mom and dad work for our survival we don't have money to pay debts to bank and have credentials benefits but some how credit card can help me in the future if my mom and dad have some funds and pay my debts to have college they will pay may credit card and use it in a nice way like buying school materials and pay for my tuition in my college so it will be easy for me and my parents. And if i have a credit card i will be a responsible person to waste my money in a good way not in the bad way. It should be a good example to us to learn the good way to use our money and have a good life to all of us. Use our money wisely, to make our parents proud.
(01-07-2018, 08:30 AM)mar06 Wrote: It's really worth I guaranteed it. Credit card helps me a lot things, all of my problems have been solve because of this thing we called credit card. I knew that credit card is one of the most used in our time nowadays, so I recommend you to grab this thing now to start your life.

May I ask how have your problems been solved because of "this thing we call credit card"?   Confused Huh Big Grin
In my own opinion, you should get a credit card. You can use it to personal, family, business, etc. One thing that you need to understand and know about credit card is that the interest is compound. The earlier you pay, the better. And also take note with the annual fee, you should also want to consider the annual fee, in my own opinion you should get a credit card without annual fee. There is also some cash back if you use credit card for payment. Also, credit card is a handy thing, because you can pay your bills online using credit card, and you can pay your flight fee. It is very convenient having a credit card.