Poll: Is it really worth it to have a credit card?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
5 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is it worthy to get a credit card?
(01-06-2018, 08:10 PM)lisadolor Wrote: Getting a credit card nowadays seems to be a trend because, of course you won't have to bring with you cash when you want to buy something. But, is it really worthy to have or get a credit card? Well, as for me, No. It is totally not worth it because all the things that you bought on credit will initially have an interest to the actual money that you should pay for. I think it is better to have debit cards because you can monitor and control the things and goods that you need and want to purchase.

I'm not going to extol the benefits or advantages of having a credit card because there's already a similar thread for that.

I think, however, that you're starting this thread on a wrong assumption about credit cards. No, you don't pay interest for the items that you bought on credit if you can pay the credit card bill in full. So basically, it's the same as buying them in cash with the extra benefits of earning reward points or participating in credit card promos as well as delayed payment terms which means your money can stay in the bank and earn a tiny weeny bit of interest.

As for monitoring and controlling expenditures, that will depend on how the person handles his/her finances. Some people say they disavow the use of credit cards but turn to loan sharks, payday lenders, and pawnshops in times of need. 

Credit cards can provide a quick, sometimes cheaper way, to get hold of money in times of emergencies. You may save for the rainy days but will that be enough for unforeseen events like death, disability, or loss of job?

Most of the times it's not a matter of choice because not all people can qualify for a credit card.
(01-06-2018, 08:10 PM)lisadolor Wrote: Getting a credit card nowadays seems to be a trend because, of course you won't have to bring with you cash when you want to buy something. But, is it really worthy to have or get a credit card? Well, as for me, No. It is totally not worth it because all the things that you bought on credit will initially have an interest to the actual money that you should pay for. I think it is better to have debit cards because you can monitor and control the things and goods that you need and want to purchase.
Yeah, you have your point it's true but for me I recommend use credit card for online transactions or buy something online for no hassle and easy payment and I really appreciate your thoughts about this thank you.
It's not worthy if you're not going to use your credit card properly. If you use it for your daily expenses like groceries, payment for food, transportation, and other things then you're going to be in trouble because of interest fees might bulk up. But if you use it wisely it's surely worthy because you can use it for emergencies, businesses, appliances and other things that you think it's important to swipe. Therefore, it depends on how you're going to use it so it's in the hand of the credit card holder. Use it properly and wisely definitely worthy but use it in a wrong way we'll always be not worthy.
Yes!, Nowadays there are times that we only saw a very interesting products online. That product can't be found easily and sometimes we can only buy it online like gamecredits, Imported products. The only way to purchase it is by using a credit card. In short you can buy things using your card
I think using a credit card can be a great help if you don't have the cash in hand yet but will have it in the future. The main thing to remember is to always keep up with your payments. Getting behind on your credit card bills is not good at all and leads to a lot of stress, so as long as you can afford to make the payments why not use one? It makes life easier.
It is very worthy to have one. One of the things I likely the most are by using credit card in shopping and earning points. Points that I can convert into something useful. One of the example of these are I convert my points into a Pizza.
True. When I was a student I rarely had a cash on my wallet. What I have are 2 credit cards and a debit card, and since I wasn't the one paying for it I was not practical in everything that I bought. I felt cool since I am in with the trend, but now that I am thinking about what I have done before, I honestly wanted to hit my head on the walls. That's how regretful I am til Now, if only I knew how to manage every previlige of owning credit cards, I would have bought something that I can call an investment.
Yes I believe its worth it to get a credit card only if you know how to manage your money well.
Credit cards are a calculated risk which I believe should be used for emergencies that you plan to fit into you budget.
Speaking from the experience of having two credit cards go bad I suggest that if you are a compulsive spending you do not take out a credit card. Another suggestion is if you should choose to take out a credit card make sure the limit does not exceed you monthly income. It always bet to try an live within your means, sacrifice and save for your special acquisitions and avoid the strain of debt.
Getting a credit card is worth it for security and emergency purposes when the card owner actually knows how to make use of card and not abuse its usage and fall deep into serious financial debts. Credit cards aren't meant to be used for every purchase or transaction one have to do because should such be carried out in this very manner, everything is going to fall out of proportion, thereby making a mess of the whole financial situation of the card owner. These cards are packed up debts in waiting for one to get into them with how the credit card is used, so it's therefore wise to resist this temptation and stay clear.
One good reason to have a credit card is to build good credit. Use the card only for purchases that you can pay off immediately. Keeping an active credit card with a low/no balance can increase your credit score.