Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First thing to do after losing your credit card
Many bank apps (i.e. smartphone apps released by your bank) will have an option to lock your card. Essentially this means you can stop it from being used the moment it disappears. If you find it again, hooray! Unlock it in the app. If you don't find it, or if you know it's stolen/lost forever, it keeps it unused until you can call or visit the bank. The bank will cancel it and issue you a new card, sometimes with a small fee.
The first thing you need to do when you lose your credit card is do not panic and try to call your bank and report that your account are missing or stolen, so they can block your account instantly.
(01-12-2018, 05:28 AM)Martinsx Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:20 PM)Heart Wrote: Just report it immediately, credit card companies do have protection for their holder for unauthorized transactions for as long as you reported it immediately you will not be charged for any transactions.

Yeah @Heart, I heard that as well. I believe it was said to be $50 liability coverage on the card for any unauthorized use of the card when it's stolen or lost. If you fail to report in order to have the card suspended, with more than $50 used on the credit card, the card owner bears the burnt alone. So therefore, it's in the best interest of the credit card owner to report as soon as possible once the credit card get lost.

Yeah probably, you are right. Credit Card Company can benefit for the lost as well even if you have reported it immidietly they can always say thousands of reason why they are late to block the card. Double kill! Oh my god thats so scary to happen. Well if you have lost or just misplaced the card it is still the best to really report it immidietly to avoid another complications. Hopefully, they are not that greedy.
call your bank! have your card on hold so no one can use it.
If you lost your credit card. First check if the credit card is really missing because sometimes we only misplace it somewhere. Second if the you now realize that it is really missing, call to the bank of that card and request to block the card. Or you can go to the nearest bank of your credit card so you can block it personally. Your money is safe afterwards.
(01-12-2018, 12:23 AM)lina102 Wrote: Go and report it to your bank IMMEDIATELY. Do not wait because this gives the hacker more time to take your money. Tell your bank everything that is happening and let them deactivate your cards. They will deactivate your card, and help you keep your money safe. That is my advice anyways. Hope everything goes well for you!

Reporting to the bank seems to be the best way to go about it when one loses his or her credit card or even debit card. But the truth is that one can just simply misplace it without actually losing it. Don't you think that seating back a little bit to recollect how the card got missing would be a good idea before going to report to the bank after the person have thought it through without having any clue where the card is?
Credit cards are financial tools that affords one access to funds they don't have yet at their disposal, but they can spend such money until they are able to pay back with interest possibly by month end from their monthly earnings. Now should one lose this credit card by accident or theft or carelessness, what be the first thing to do in order to be on the safe side by not having another individual incur debts for you?

I will contact my bank to hold my credit card to stop losing money and if i lose money i will trace the stealer and make pay of them.
Well it defends on how your credit was stolen. If you only lost your credit card by miss placing it or your credit card was intentionally stolen from you, the best way to prevent culprit from using your credit card is to notify your bank so that the bank will deactivate your credit card. But if the issue is credit card cloning or "skimming" then it's a different story. If you want to avoid skimming or credit card cloning then you should ask the bank which you are applying for a credit card if the credit card they issue has a "smart chip". Smart chips are microchips embedded in credit cards that encrypt the information contained in the magnetic strip. The microchip cannot be changed or deleted. If a skimmer tries to scan your card through the device, they will obtain only encrypted information and thus be unable to clone your credit card. If someone steals your smart card and disables the chip, the new swipe terminals will alert staff to ask for an ID or decline the transaction. So if you want to own a credit being responsible and cautious is the key to avoid unnecessary things from happening.
(01-18-2018, 07:45 AM)kaisantos2229 Wrote: Well it defends on how your credit was stolen. If you only lost your credit card by miss placing it or your credit card was intentionally stolen from you, the best way to prevent culprit from using your credit card is to notify your bank so that the bank will deactivate your credit card. But if the issue is credit card cloning or "skimming" then it's a different story. If you want to avoid skimming or credit card cloning then you should ask the bank which you are applying for a credit card if the credit card they issue has a "smart chip". Smart chips are microchips embedded in credit cards that encrypt the information contained in the magnetic strip. The microchip cannot be changed or deleted. If a skimmer tries to scan your card through the device, they will obtain only encrypted information and thus be unable to clone your credit card. If someone steals your smart card and disables the chip, the new swipe terminals will alert staff to ask for an ID or decline the transaction. So if you want to own a credit being responsible and cautious is the key to avoid unnecessary things from happening.

This is a one detailed reply on this topic of what to do after losing or misplacing one's credit card. I love how you went far in explaining everything about card cloning as well, that's very informative and helpful because that part didn't occur to me. The truth is that lately, the rate at which crimes are committed online today is getting out of control and very worrisome. If one isn't careful with the way he or she carries out his online transactions using credit cards, such person can become as vulnerable as hell to these thieves and scammers who live for nothing but to steal from others instead of going to work and live an honest life.
Deactivate your card emediately, or contact that you need to contact to make your money self.