Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First thing to do after losing your credit card
(01-18-2018, 10:04 PM)mar06 Wrote: It so difficult if you lost some of your credit cards. And only words that can I suggest is report you credit card immediately to it bank account so they can fix it and no one can touch your money.

It's really a worrying situation to lose one's credit card or debit cards, either way none is a good experience to have because it's bound to throw one off balance and make you absolutely restless. I can remember my experience vividly well back in the days when I lost mine. It wasn't a funny day at all because I ransacked my entire apartment looking for it, all to no avail. That's when I concluded that I had lost the damn card and made arrangements for its deactivation by my bank.
The first thing to do after you lose your credit card is to report your missing credit card to the card issuer. You have to make the call immediately as soon as you notice your card is missing. When you call your creditor, you should have the following information: your account number, the date when your card went missing and the date and amount of your last purchase.
Yes, card companies are good about noticing unauthorized charges sometimes. Sometimes they will contact you, but it is really important for you to try to contact them first if you notice your card missing or you see unauthorized purchases on your statement.
(01-09-2018, 09:14 AM)alexd Wrote: The only smart thing to do would to be to notify the bank immediately so they can block the account. In the US, for example, the law limits the liability of the card owner to 50 $ if the credit card was stolen and used for fraud, if it is reported within 60 days, which really should not be an issue.
You should look also if you just misplaced your credit cards. Or maybe it just your childrens fault because they might play the card and just drop it anywhere inside your house. But still It is a good practice to notify your bank as soon as possible.