Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's the exact difference between credit card and debit card?
With debit cards you can not overspend once you have exhausted the money in your account you card will no longer be honored and your transaction will be declined. With credit cards the overspending danger is ever present because as long as you have not hit your credit limit you can continue to spend.
The question is even self explanatory on its own without needing further stress. One is a credit card while the other one is a debit card. Now what I think you should specify is further explanation on how both cards functions. 

Credit cards like it's called, is a borrowed credit/cash that you bank or card issuer allows you to make use of at anytime of your choosing on any possible transaction for an interest which you pay back at the end of the month, depending on the how you plan. 

Debit card is an extension of your bank account because every penny the debit card gives you access to is your already saved up cash in the account. You don't pay any interest for using the fund on bank with the debit card.
(01-17-2018, 07:36 PM)Prmar06 Wrote: They have different function and of course they are all card. So debit card is not a credit card, when you use credit card your money will deducted from checking account while when you use credit card you're borrowing money will be repaid later.

I think you mean when you us a debit card it will be deducted from your checking account.
(01-18-2018, 03:03 PM)Michael Puttman Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 07:36 PM)Prmar06 Wrote: They have different function and of course they are all card. So debit card is not a credit card, when you use credit card your money will deducted from checking account while when you use credit card you're borrowing money will be repaid later.

I think you mean when you us a debit card it will be deducted from your checking account.

Haha, @Michael Puttman I'm sure it's misplacing of words probably as a result of trying to type too fast and make a mistake along the way. I believe it's exactly what you suggested that was meant by the poster because from the next sentence, it was still credit card that was talked about. Debit card goes to checking bank account saved up cash already, while credit card is living on borrowed money that would still be paid back with interest as well.
I put it as simple as this:
Debit Card - You have your savings here. You can withdraw cash or swipe it as long as there's still remaining balance on your account. The good thing about this is you are spending a money that you have and not acquiring a debt.
Credit Card - You don't have money, and you want to buy something. You can use this card to buy it and just pay later when you got money. I hope this will enlighten you.
(01-18-2018, 08:22 PM)JB Fernandez Wrote: I put it as simple as this:
Debit Card - You have your savings here. You can withdraw cash or swipe it as long as there's still remaining balance on your account. The good thing about this is you are spending a money that you have and not acquiring a debt.
Credit Card - You don't have money, and you want to buy something. You can use this card to buy it and just pay later when you got money. I hope this will enlighten you.

That's perfectly explained @JB Fernandez, I love how you break the differences in two way explanations so that it could be understood very well by even a layman who haven't heard of either of the cards before now. The debit card gives one access to his already owned and saved money money in his particular bank account. One get to spend within the limit of what he or she has saved up, and not a penny above it. But credit card gives one access to funds he or she is yet to acquire but literally making it an acquired debt by spending before paying with interest for the services offered by the card insurer.
Will in some areas they are different and some areas they are the same so it is still your choice. It depends what benefits what you want.
(01-20-2018, 10:56 AM)Uyj143 Wrote: Will in some areas they are different and some areas they are the same so it is still your choice. It depends what benefits what you want.

redit cards give you a credit to pay things, and the debit card never going to give you credits they just work with your savings. Also, the credit card has to be paid monthly and the debit cards have to be paid at the moment with the savings available in your account. The best choice to use depends on your needs and your economic incomes because if you have not had an established work with a monthly salary you should start with a debit card. So it depends on your situation.
Debit card is where you store your money that is in a certain bank and when you need cash or you need to pay something in a grocery store, you can use your debit card, and the savings that you have inside will automatically be deducted. On the other hand, a credit card is like you are borrowing money when you need to buy something in a shop, and you will repay the bank later. Both of them are beneficial, but they differ on how you put your money on them.
Credit card give you an a worthy representative for pay things, and the debit card never going to give you acknowledges they simply work for your funds. Likewise, the credit card must be paid month to month and the debit card must be paid right now with the funds accessible in your record. The best decision to utilize relies upon your requirements and your financial earnings on the grounds that in the event that you have not had a set up work with a month to month compensation you should begin with a debit card. So it relies upon your circumstance.