Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How much would you pay to borrow $100?
Question 
I would love to hear from people on what they think is a fair price to borrow $100? I am not talking interest rate or anything, I am talking about an amount. So if you borrow $100, would you be willing to pay back $105? Maybe $110? How about $130? What do you think is a fair price to pay?
I would avoid that situation altogether. Money shouldn’t cost money, that defeats the purpose of it. I do realize that I am lucky to be able to say that I have $100 were I ever to need it quickly;but, if you are that strapped for cash, it would be more lucrative to look for quick, under-the-table work.
Life can throw you some curve balls and you never know, you may need to borrow $100, unless you have wealth from generations ago. I think a fair amount to borrow for any loan is always 10% or less. Essentially the lender is doing nothing to make that money, all he is doing is taking the risk on you. From the research people that borrow small amounts are the more likely to pay it back, as can be seen from the statistics on micro- finance in the developing world. Any higher amount than 10% percent is predatory lending.
I would say a 10 percent interest rate would be reasonable. I mean it really depends on who you are lending the money to. Obviously, you are going to charge friends and family less interest than you would charge a stranger.
This is really a technical question in the sense that how much that one should be willing to pay back depends solely on how they really want that money. Those that really need that money to solve an immediate need can be able to pay back as high as $130 per $100 borrowed while some that are thinking of other options available might go with paying just $110. So, it's basically on the need.
Depending on how long I borrowed said money, and what I used the 100 on, I'd put in an extra 20 if it was really important, and if it was short term. Otherwise if it was important, but it would take me a while to payback, I would throw in an extra 30. Circumstances in life can make anything happen, and any support I can get would be appreciated, no matter how small, therefore in return i'm expected to payback for my troubles.
(01-11-2018, 01:57 PM)Michael Puttman Wrote: I would love to hear from people on what they think is a fair price to borrow $100? I am not talking interest rate or anything, I am talking about an amount. So if you borrow $100, would you be willing to pay back $105? Maybe $110? How about $130? What do you think is a fair price to pay?

If there was a way to borrow $100 I think that paying back the hundred plus $25 or $30. I am not sure there are any places that really do $100 loans,and I am not sure I would want to do a loan for just $100. I do not think that you should have to pay back more than 30.
(01-11-2018, 01:57 PM)Michael Puttman Wrote: I would love to hear from people on what they think is a fair price to borrow $100? I am not talking interest rate or anything, I am talking about an amount. So if you borrow $100, would you be willing to pay back $105? Maybe $110? How about $130? What do you think is a fair price to pay?

In my country it is possible to find lenders who will give you $100 and will want $103 back. So, that's it, I'm not paying off more than that.

But if I lived in America, where things are a lot different, I would be willing to pay back as much as $125.

I'll go with $110 for me it is fair, because in our country when you loan $20 something you need to pay them back at cost of $22 yeah we called it 5/6 for example you loan $500 you will pay them back $600. 

For me $110 or $120 something $130 is to much.
It depends a lot on the circumstances.
$110? - absolutely.
$120? - probably.
$130? - if I'm desperate, sure.
$140? - ugh, now it would have to be DIRE circumstances
$150? - life or death only.