Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Risk of lending a money to a friend
Lending money is not a good behavior for individuals because it can cause an issue wherein both parties will have hard feelings to each other. We must be responsible in everything we do and should always foresee the upcoming expenses in order to get ready for those obligations. Me myself I don't borrow money to anyone else because I have a job that support our needs.
There are so many risk involved with lending money to a friend, the one which is more common is them not wanting to pay back, it's not as if all friends are same; there are just some who gives tough times with repayment of friendly loans.  This sets of people are loyal to loans which are documented. Fights here an there, anytime you want to engage in this kind of friendly loan, always get a lawyer because lending money and not paying  back has caused annihilation of good friendship.
If I were ever to lend money to a friend or family member in need, I would do so without the expectation of getting paid back. Sometimes people have the best intentions of paying their loans, but they just don’t know how to manage their money. I have learned that money can ruin friendships and even familial relationships and I wouldn’t put any of that at stake. Luckily, everyone in my life has more money than me, so I don’t have to worry about people asking to borrow from me Smile
(01-15-2018, 11:09 AM)Heart Wrote: This topic just came up to me since my inbox is in full blast right now. I think this is the only role I have to my friends or this is the only reason why I have friends. It's sad that most of my friends have there debts or will only remember me whenever they need money. The saddest part is I have never experienced being paid. Sometimes I wish they just ask me to give them the money for free that way I didn't have to hope for the payments, right? Because it is my trust that is being ripped everytime they are doing that. Lending money to a friend means it has no interest since you are willing and considering it as a help. But what if they didn't pay you? This is actually the main reason why I chose other alternative loans than borrowing money to anyone I know personally since I will never know what might happen if I didn't pay it on time because its more than the money it is your relationship with that person that is at risk.

Yeah! you have a point there, but sometimes lending money to a friend is just like giving it to them and expect them to not pay it since they are your friend, you have to expect them to pay you late of never. Haha. Because if you expect them to pay you, maybe you are just the one to get hurt since you're looking forward for the payment that will never come and you will only lose your friend because of the money. Anyway, it's just money, you can still have it if you have a job, but a friend, you can never have a lot of true friend, so if they are in needs, I will help them as far as I can. Smile
It is good to lend a friend some money, I love doing that. But I only lend out money that I can give for free. What I mean is that any amount that I know will affect my balance if the friend does not pay back, I won't lend it out.

I also owe some friend money but I never wanted them to forget it.
(01-20-2018, 02:27 PM)Heart Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 11:29 AM)aecel Wrote: Me too I need some couple of dollars like 1,000 maybe I promise that I would be an honest and loyal friend to you forever and ever.  :Tongue hahaha.. Dear, it's ok to ask if they're really a true friend they don't mind if you remind them to pay back because they owe something from you. If you're too worried that they might get mad well it means that they're not your true friends they just using you because of the money. And you're saying that they are the only friends you have that's not so true just look around there are lots of people who deserve to be your friends don't be blinded and be fooled by them they're not worthy for your kindness. Open your eyes widely to see the truth.   Big Grin

Naaah. I am fine with myself and my money. Kidding! Smile Im sincerely thankful for all the advice guys. I guess I will stick with my mom, she's basically my bestfriend anyway hahaha. I just hope that no one will ever take a friend for granted just because of money. For what they did I seriously didn't know if I can trust anyone again. But soon I will. I'll just talk to them for the last time to clear things up. Smile ( Oh my god... I feel like I am going to have a break up with my cheating boyfriend hahaha) 

For those who needs money and will ask from a friend for help, please be honest and respect the friendship you have. Not because they are nice to lend you money doesn't mean you can take them for granted. Don't risk the relationship you have with them, If you can't pay for it on time, explain yourself and tell the truth.

Just try me and you won't regret it. Hahaha, I understand how you feel sometimes it really terrifies when you ask a friend especially if the money is involved. You would feel that you don't want to ruin the friendship because of money. As much as possible you would understand them if delays occur. They say that sometimes money would be a good test if the friendship is real or not. Don't use friendship to take advantage of it don't ruin it you can reason out about the delay of payment and they will understand it just be honest as much as possible.
Hope you learned your lesson well. Just try to talk them and they might have good reasons behind it.
(01-21-2018, 08:40 PM)kimberleemolon Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 11:09 AM)Heart Wrote: This topic just came up to me since my inbox is in full blast right now. I think this is the only role I have to my friends or this is the only reason why I have friends. It's sad that most of my friends have there debts or will only remember me whenever they need money. The saddest part is I have never experienced being paid. Sometimes I wish they just ask me to give them the money for free that way I didn't have to hope for the payments, right? Because it is my trust that is being ripped everytime they are doing that. Lending money to a friend means it has no interest since you are willing and considering it as a help. But what if they didn't pay you? This is actually the main reason why I chose other alternative loans than borrowing money to anyone I know personally since I will never know what might happen if I didn't pay it on time because its more than the money it is your relationship with that person that is at risk.

Yeah! you have a point there, but sometimes lending money to a friend is just like giving it to them and expect them to not pay it since they are your friend, you have to expect them to pay you late of never. Haha. Because if you expect them to pay you, maybe you are just the one to get hurt since you're looking forward for the payment that will never come and you will only lose your friend because of the money. Anyway, it's just money, you can still have it if you have a job, but a friend, you can never have a lot of true friend, so if they are in needs, I will help them as far as I can. Smile

I honestly does not care about the payment. I will always want to help them any time without hesitation, if only they will treat me like a true friend. I cared more about the friendship Smile I only hate the idea of them remembering me everytime they just need money, but on a regular or normal days they never dare contact me. For example, if one of them have birthdays, they'll remember me because they need money to celebrate... But when the actual birthday comes nobody remembers to invite me, I don't even know where they celebrated. If not because of the uploaded pictures on SNS I will be remained clueless. Have you experienced that? I never wanted to lose a friend because I only have a few of them. If I knew what are the reasons or at least informed me why they never paid me back, it will be a game changer. Because I will feel the respect they had for our friendship, that they value it more than the money they needed from me. Smile
(01-22-2018, 07:55 AM)Heart Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 08:40 PM)kimberleemolon Wrote:

I honestly does not care about the payment. I will always want to help them any time without hesitation, if only they will treat me like a true friend. I cared more about the friendship Smile I only hate the idea of them remembering me everytime they just need money, but on a regular or normal days they never dare contact me. For example, if one of them have birthdays, they'll remember me because they need money to celebrate... But when the actual birthday comes nobody remembers to invite me, I don't even know where they celebrated. If not because of the uploaded pictures on SNS I will be remained clueless. Have you experienced that? I never wanted to lose a friend because I only have a few of them. If I knew what are the reasons or at least informed me why they never paid me back, it will be a game changer. Because I will feel the respect they had for our friendship, that they value it more than the money they needed from me. Smile

Most people are like that these days. Honestly, in your situation I would just stop all contact with those people.
I wouldn't call a friend someone who is using me.

Sometimes when it comes to lending money to my close friends, I practically see them as pain and thorn in the flesh because 95% of them never pays back. Most people take advantage of the friendship and borrow from you and never want to pay back. If you press them to pay back, it would result into a serious problem that people would be wondering if you guys were ever friends. I have had such experience several times and I concluded never to lend any penny of mine to any so called friends of mine. 

What I resorted to doing is giving aid as much as I would without looking at getting any penny back. In that way, I'm certain that I'm giving the money free of charge and not expecting any payment back from the friend of mine. This way gives more peace of mind without having to worry about getting into a dog fight with a friend over the money I lend him or her.
Lending money to friends or relatives are difficult to decline in my experience, especially when you know you can lend some. However, you may consider thinking that for a close friend, this can just be a gift and never expect to be paid. For large amounts, that comes from your savings, I think it is wise to treat it as a business deal. The friend benefit you can give is the 'no interest' clause. But if it's a large amount, you need to be clear when your friend can pay it. It is also your hard earned money and there is a reason you're saving it. And it's definitely not for free giving. So treat the impending problem early on by making clear on this. That you may need the money in the future and make sure that the friend will return it.

Do not be afraid to ask for it when your agreed time comes. When you detach the emotions, it is, just right to ask for it.

And lastly, do not feel bad that they only remember you when things got so tough for them. Just think that in their times of darkness, you're the person they think off that will help them get through a problem. That you're a reliable person and a good friend. Just always take note the difference of being a helpful friend to an enabler of a stubborn friend.